HP d135 advice sought?

I have received a hand-me-down HP d135 MFC that supposedly needs a print
head as well as ink cartridges. Is it worth refurbishing? Is it difficult to
replace the print head? Where can I get a manual?

My inclination is that it is not worth the trouble.

Bill

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a couple of the 135 and 145s. They ARE somewhat of a problem.
1. print heads are always a problem if you do a fair amount of
printing. Price varies but around $35 EACH. Generally the Black is the
first to go.
2. Like most HP printer the ink carts have both date to end of life ie
they may have ink but are past the ex date. Also, they CAN be
refilled but you have to fool the print to get them to work. New one
run about $50 to $60 a pair. Refills of course are a lot cheaper
3. Software with some operating systems (XP) will not uninstall and
reinstall properly. This is not a major problem to me but you could
find it so.
I am not sure but seems I have seen manual on line a HP or someone
else's site. I do have a PDF copy and could send it to you if you have
DSL, it's about 5Meg in size.

Having said all, that, I have "learned" how to deal with all the above
and really do like the printers and in general find they are no more
or no less of a pain in the ass than any other print (except lasers)
Print is good for both text and photos.
Richard

in article 7jvv615sj5mm89hiahidhjhmu878ql6egr@4ax.com, Richard at
mcdonaldrw@verizon.net wrote on 4/27/05 2:21 PM:

> I am not sure but seems I have seen manual on line a HP or someone
> else's site. I do have a PDF copy and could send it to you if you have
> DSL, it's about 5Meg in size.

If it is not too much trouble, I would appreciate receiving the pdf copy. I
do have DSL.

Thank you.

Bill