Join domain issue

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 10, 2005 2:21:02 AM

Hi to all,

When I try to join a windows 2003 server (entreprise edition) to a active
directory windows 2000 (native) domain. I have this issue: The specified
domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
1.With a server windows 2000 , I have no problem to join this domain.
2.All my DNS records are OK (netdiag, dcdiag, ldap…)
3.I try with netdom, it said me that the domain doesn’t exist.
4.I can map resources between the stand-alone server and the domain’s servers.

Thank's for your help

More about : join domain issue

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:16:06 AM

There are replies to your other post in the windows.server.active_directory
group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating for
us trying to help.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"motila" <motila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi to all,

When I try to join a windows 2003 server (entreprise edition) to a active
directory windows 2000 (native) domain. I have this issue: The specified
domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
1.With a server windows 2000 , I have no problem to join this domain.
2.All my DNS records are OK (netdiag, dcdiag, ldap.)
3.I try with netdom, it said me that the domain doesn't exist.
4.I can map resources between the stand-alone server and the domain's
servers.

Thank's for your help
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 12:28:34 PM

"ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There are replies to your other post in the
windows.server.active_directory
> group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
> obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating for
> us trying to help.

pt: Hi!

pt: Terms are backwards above. It's a single
cross-post you are actually recommending, rather
than multiple separate "multi-posts".
February 10, 2005 11:24:03 PM

[blush]

Thanks for putting me straight : )

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There are replies to your other post in the
windows.server.active_directory
> group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
> obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating for
> us trying to help.

pt: Hi!

pt: Terms are backwards above. It's a single
cross-post you are actually recommending, rather
than multiple separate "multi-posts".
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:24:04 PM

Sure, and I expect you to correct me when I
make a technical error.

I hate making them but I dislike CONTINUING
to do so even more.

--
Herb Martin

!