Join domain issue

Hi to all,

When I try to join a windows 2003 server (entreprise edition) to a active
directory windows 2000 (native) domain. I have this issue: The specified
domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
1.With a server windows 2000 , I have no problem to join this domain.
2.All my DNS records are OK (netdiag, dcdiag, ldap…)
3.I try with netdom, it said me that the domain doesn’t exist.
4.I can map resources between the stand-alone server and the domain’s servers.

Thank's for your help
4 answers Last reply
More about join domain issue

    There are replies to your other post in the windows.server.active_directory
    group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
    obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating for
    us trying to help.

    --

    Paul Williams

    http://www.msresource.net/
    http://forums.msresource.net/

    "ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There are replies to your other post in the
    windows.server.active_directory
    > group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
    > obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating for
    > us trying to help.

    pt: Hi!

    pt: Terms are backwards above. It's a single
    cross-post you are actually recommending, rather
    than multiple separate "multi-posts".

    [blush]

    Thanks for putting me straight : )

    --

    Paul Williams

    http://www.msresource.net/
    http://forums.msresource.net/

    "ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There are replies to your other post in the
    windows.server.active_directory
    > group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
    > obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating for
    > us trying to help.

    pt: Hi!

    pt: Terms are backwards above. It's a single
    cross-post you are actually recommending, rather
    than multiple separate "multi-posts".

    Sure, and I expect you to correct me when I
    make a technical error.

    I hate making them but I dislike CONTINUING
    to do so even more.

    --
    Herb Martin

    > [blush]
    >
    > Thanks for putting me straight : )
    >

    > --
    >
    > Paul Williams
    >
    > http://www.msresource.net/
    > http://forums.msresource.net/

    > "ptwilliams" <ptw2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > There are replies to your other post in the
    > windows.server.active_directory
    > > group. Please try and multipost instead of cross posting. It makes
    > > obtaining a coherent answer more difficult for you, and is frustrating
    for
    > > us trying to help.
    >
    > pt: Hi!
    >
    > pt: Terms are backwards above. It's a single
    > cross-post you are actually recommending, rather
    > than multiple separate "multi-posts".

Domain Windows 2000 Servers Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Windows