Computer Accounts loosing trust with domain controller

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 10, 2005 12:27:50 PM

Hello everyone -

Currently we use windows 2000 server in a mixed xp win2k client setup. At
random some of the computer accounts will loose trust with active directory
and automatically disable themselves. Then they won't log in ovviously.
We've noticed that if we re-enable the computer account, and delete all
local profile info, the problem seems to go away for a bit. I'm really lost
as to what this could be. I was wondering if it could be when the computer
account "shakes" with the PDC every 7 days if that got fubared or something.
If anyone has ever seen any other behavior like this, or if anyone has an
shots in the dark as to what it might be please forward some info.

It is much appreciated!

//Mark
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:00:02 PM

Mark,

This is actually 30 days in WIN2000. Seven days was the way things were
handled in WINNT 4.0.

Have you tried to reset the computer account? You can do this in the ADUC
MMC or you can use netdom - which is a utility that is available as a part
of the Support Tools ( located on the WIN2000 Service Pack CD or on the MS
Web Site ).

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014