Best inexpensive printer/scanner to replace Dell 942 print..

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I've recently purchased a new Dell 8400 computer (WinXP) and Dell 942
printer/scanner (http://snipurl.com/e9r2). The computer is great but
the printer is poor. I'm going to return it and get a better, non-Dell
printer/scanner, which will be used for document printing and
photographs.

What would be the best inexpensive printer (under $300) to replace the
Dell 942 with? It'd be nice if it could also scan, but not absolutely
essential.

Thanks for all suggestions.
3 answers Last reply
More about best inexpensive printer scanner replace dell print
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "fan" <fan@fan.com> wrote in message
    > I've recently purchased a new Dell 8400 computer (WinXP) and Dell 942
    > printer/scanner (http://snipurl.com/e9r2). The computer is great but
    > the printer is poor. I'm going to return it and get a better, non-Dell
    > printer/scanner, which will be used for document printing and
    > photographs.
    >
    > What would be the best inexpensive printer (under $300) to replace the
    > Dell 942 with? It'd be nice if it could also scan, but not absolutely
    > essential.
    >
    > Thanks for all suggestions.

    Just make sure you do not buy a Lexmark. Guess who makes Dell Printers. It
    is not Canon, Epson or HP.

    Roy G
  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Fan, I recently bought an 8400 and considered getting that same printer.

    For what it's worth, after a fair amount of research, I ended up getting the
    Canon Pixma IP4000 and CanoScan 8400 and am very happy with the photo and
    text quality of the printer (and the ink cost per print). The scanner also
    scans slides and negatives. The whole deal is under $300 (@NewEgg).

    "fan" <fan@fan.com> wrote in message
    > I've recently purchased a new Dell 8400 computer (WinXP) and Dell 942
    > printer/scanner (http://snipurl.com/e9r2). The computer is great but
    > the printer is poor. I'm going to return it and get a better, non-Dell
    > printer/scanner, which will be used for document printing and
    > photographs.
    >
    > What would be the best inexpensive printer (under $300) to replace the
    > Dell 942 with? It'd be nice if it could also scan, but not absolutely
    > essential.
    >
    > Thanks for all suggestions.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    JohnnyB <jbessette1 wrote:

    >Fan, I recently bought an 8400 and considered getting that same printer.
    >
    >For what it's worth, after a fair amount of research, I ended up getting the
    >Canon Pixma IP4000 and CanoScan 8400 and am very happy with the photo and
    >text quality of the printer (and the ink cost per print). The scanner also
    >scans slides and negatives. The whole deal is under $300 (@NewEgg).

    A wise choice. :-)

    >"fan" <fan@fan.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>I've recently purchased a new Dell 8400 computer (WinXP) and Dell 942
    >>printer/scanner (http://snipurl.com/e9r2). The computer is great but
    >>the printer is poor. I'm going to return it and get a better, non-Dell
    >>printer/scanner, which will be used for document printing and
    >>photographs.
    >>
    >>What would be the best inexpensive printer (under $300) to replace the
    >>Dell 942 with? It'd be nice if it could also scan, but not absolutely
    >>essential.
    >>
    >>Thanks for all suggestions.

Printers Computer Scanners Dell Peripherals