new AD domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 10, 2005 2:19:04 PM

I created a new AD domain. The DNS Server is on the domain controller, but
the DC never created the 4 directories "MSDCS,Sites, TCP, UDP" Any idea why
or how to make it do it?

More about : domain

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 10:47:32 PM

Greg,

I think that Paul gave you the right idea.

There are a couple of ways.

Run - from a command prompt - net stop netlogon
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
net start netlogon

Another way is to install the Support Tools ( located on the Service Pack CD
or from the MS Web Site ) and run - from a command prompt - netdiag /fix!

There is also a MSKB Article on this....Here is the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310568

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a new AD domain. The DNS Server is on the domain controller, but
> the DC never created the 4 directories "MSDCS,Sites, TCP, UDP" Any idea
> why
> or how to make it do it?
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 11:12:46 PM

Ensure that the DNS zone is configured to accept automatic updates, that the
DC is pointing to this DNS server for DNS and that the DHCP Client is set to
automatically start and is running on the DC (even though the DC has a
static address).

Then restart netlogon, and give it a minute or two.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/