Printer for CAD System

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hello,

We have bought 3 R800 for using CAD systems.
Up to now we always used Epson printers (color 860 and photo 950) wich has
given us quite good results on Photo quality paper.

I must say one thing having a wide color gmut is very important and color
accuracy also.

We have tested the 3 R800, and we were very disapoited by the results on the
"Photo quality paper", the Dark give very bad results (not enough dark). It
gives good result on Photo paper that is quite expensive and that I do not
need. We have made some tests on Mate paper suggested by Epson also and the
result was very disapointed. We have tested with this printer about 12
different paper from different Brand (Epson, Hp, Canon, Kodack, Ilford,...)
and the result was quite bad in term of gamut in dark colors.

So I want to change Epson by Canon or HP printer because I become more and
more disapointed by Epson Printers and Drivers.

I need a priter that has a good gamut on "Photo quality paper" or 720 DPI
coated paper.
One thing important we use ICC profile so we need also the posssibility that
the driver doesn't improve automatically itself the color output (to give
more contrast for instance, usefull for digital photo but that's not my
goal), and the possibility to not use color management (to avoid double
profiling).

So Wich printer do you suggest me to buy in Canon range and HP range of
Printer.

thanks for your help.

John.

"Steve" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have bought 3 R800 for using CAD systems.
[...]
> So I want to change Epson by Canon or HP printer because I become more and
> more disapointed by Epson Printers and Drivers.

So why buy 3 of them before finding out they weren't suitable for what you
want to print?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

> So why buy 3 of them before finding out they weren't suitable for what you
> want to print?

in fact it's more complicated than that, one of our customer wanted 3
printers and the Photo 950 was not more available officialy so we stupidely
thought that the R800 was at least good as the 950 and we bought the 3 for
him without testing....