Solved

32 bit devices run on 64bit systems

Hello, my cdma modem has a 32bit driver. there is no 64 bit driver for it. no website or any help related. now my windows7 is a 64 bit system. how do I get it to work?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about devices 64bit systems
  1. it will work, 64bit is backwards compatible but there are issues with 16bit apps so 32 bit drivers should work
  2. THanks for the reply. but unfortunately. the 64 bit windows 7 on my desktop doesn't even detect the modem. Whereas while I was using xp there was no problem. I tried on my laptop which is a 32 bit windows 7 OS and the modem works fine.
    really out of ideas. the modem is a eazytech LOGI 1001 modem. with a qualcom chipset.
  3. might not be supported with windows 7 check the manufacturers website for support info.
  4. Best answer
    Note: As the device was working fine on 32 bit win 7 and does not work on 64 bit win 7, then its clear that it does not have drivers for win 7 64 bit...Check the manufacturers website, if you dont find any drivers then you might want to think of getting a modem which is compatible with win 7 64 bit..
  5. You need to upgrade , no drivers are offered for 64 bit!
  6. Best answer selected by papaiyash.
  7. papaiyash said:
    Hello, my cdma modem has a 32bit driver. there is no 64 bit driver for it. no website or any help related. now my windows7 is a 64 bit system. how do I get it to work?

Try and download cdma 32bit driver of the modem brand and install on the windows 64 bit. Then try installing the modem.You are done.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Systems Devices Windows 7