Hello, before I explain my problem, I have done a few forum searches but most of the similar problem are not resolved yet. Anyways, on to the problem.
My laptop was working fine the other day and then all of sudden that same night my laptop would no longer load. It will always freeze at the Windows 7 welcome screen. The loading circle just stops spinning. I did not install any drivers or programs that day or even the past few days.
Here is some info on what ive tried.
1) Safemode works without a problem.
2) However, safemode with networking still freezes. It will get past the welcome screen but then freeze after about 10 seconds
3) Ive tried doing alt+ctrl+del while booting in windows but it will still freeze. For some reason, I was able to get past the welcome screen but then it freezes like a few seconds later.
4) Ive tried restarting from safemode. It will still freeze at Windows 7 welcome screen
5) I had a password but then removed the password and enabled automatic login
6) The last thing Ive tried is to use chkdsk /f. I couldnt use it while in cmd so I allowed checkdisk to start when I restarted my computer. Checkdisk ran and gets stuck at 57% during phase 2, index searching. Now I cant even get to Windows because any hard shutdown and restart brings me automatically back to chkdsk. FML.
7) I need to try startup repair utility but I do not have the windows 7 installation CD handy at the moment. That also rules out windows repair.
1) My HD may have become damaged during in transit. I had to bring with my other gear on to a plane
2) My windows 7 build may have expired. Probably not likely as it was working fine that same day.
Thank you for reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
yup, that seems to have solved the problem. when i went to the device manager, i found several devices that had exclamation points on them. i had some unknown device and my memory listed with some error mark, not my network devices. i disabled the unknown device and left my memory. i also disabled the wireless and lan card. i was able to start windows and renabled the lan card and nothing else. so at least my computer starts and the internet works.
the next steps would be to find out what the unknown device was and see what the problem with my memory is. thank you for your help.