Change password

At this moment we have a domain with 300 users, no
password policy set so far, .Now we need to set a
password policy (minimun password 6 characters)

So, the problem is I need to find a way to do it
simultaneously on all users. On this way enforce all users
to change the password as soon as possible

Thanks any comments !

You could set the maximum password age setting.
If you set it to 30 days, as long as everyones password is greater than 30
days old, their account will be expired the next time they log in, and they
will be forced to change their password.
After everyone logs in and changes their password, you could then increase
it to a more desired max age like 90 days.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security

"misaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> At this moment we have a domain with 300 users, no
> password policy set so far, .Now we need to set a
> password policy (minimun password 6 characters)
>
> So, the problem is I need to find a way to do it
> simultaneously on all users. On this way enforce all users
> to change the password as soon as possible
>
> Thanks any comments !

Remember that this is done at the domain level and will affect everyone in
the domain who does not have the never expire password flag on.

This is done once and cannot be controlled by OU or Site.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Glenn L" <the.only(delete)@gmail dot com> wrote in message
> You could set the maximum password age setting.
> If you set it to 30 days, as long as everyones password is greater than 30
> days old, their account will be expired the next time they log in, and
> they will be forced to change their password.
> After everyone logs in and changes their password, you could then increase
> it to a more desired max age like 90 days.
>

> --
> Glenn L
> CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security
>
> "misaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> At this moment we have a domain with 300 users, no
>> password policy set so far, .Now we need to set a
>> password policy (minimun password 6 characters)
>>
>> So, the problem is I need to find a way to do it
>> simultaneously on all users. On this way enforce all users
>> to change the password as soon as possible
>>
>> Thanks any comments !

I think that you can run a script that will put "must change password on
next logon" on every user.
what do you think?

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
> Remember that this is done at the domain level and will affect everyone in
> the domain who does not have the never expire password flag on.
>
> This is done once and cannot be controlled by OU or Site.
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> Flagship Integration Services
>
> "Glenn L" <the.only(delete)@gmail dot com> wrote in message
>> You could set the maximum password age setting.
>> If you set it to 30 days, as long as everyones password is greater than
>> 30 days old, their account will be expired the next time they log in, and
>> they will be forced to change their password.
>> After everyone logs in and changes their password, you could then
>> increase it to a more desired max age like 90 days.
>>

>> --
>> Glenn L
>> CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security
>>
>> "misaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> At this moment we have a domain with 300 users, no
>>> password policy set so far, .Now we need to set a
>>> password policy (minimun password 6 characters)
>>>
>>> So, the problem is I need to find a way to do it
>>> simultaneously on all users. On this way enforce all users
>>> to change the password as soon as possible
>>>
>>> Thanks any comments !

Yep, that's another way, and this will give you more control over who and
when you set this for thus allowing you to stagger this if necessary.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix at msn dot com> wrote in message
I think that you can run a script that will put "must change password on
next logon" on every user.
what do you think?

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net
Free Windows event logs reports
http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/

"Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
> Remember that this is done at the domain level and will affect everyone in
> the domain who does not have the never expire password flag on.
>
> This is done once and cannot be controlled by OU or Site.
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> Flagship Integration Services
>
> "Glenn L" <the.only(delete)@gmail dot com> wrote in message
>> You could set the maximum password age setting.
>> If you set it to 30 days, as long as everyones password is greater than
>> 30 days old, their account will be expired the next time they log in, and
>> they will be forced to change their password.
>> After everyone logs in and changes their password, you could then
>> increase it to a more desired max age like 90 days.
>>

>> --
>> Glenn L
>> CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security
>>
>> "misaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> At this moment we have a domain with 300 users, no
>>> password policy set so far, .Now we need to set a
>>> password policy (minimun password 6 characters)
>>>
>>> So, the problem is I need to find a way to do it
>>> simultaneously on all users. On this way enforce all users
>>> to change the password as soon as possible
>>>
>>> Thanks any comments !

Can you give me a clue where may I find that script

You can start with this:
--
http://www.rallenhome.com/books/adcookbook/src/06.21-must_change_passwd.vbs.txt

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"Misaro" wrote:

> Can you give me a clue where may I find that script

Thanks for your help !!