AD disaster recovery

matt

I'm about to upgrade a 2K DC to 2003. What tips can you give me from a
disaster recovery perspective in case the upgrade goes awry. Thanks!

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm about to upgrade a 2K DC to 2003. What tips can you give me from a
> disaster recovery perspective in case the upgrade goes awry. Thanks!

Make a back up of (at least) the System State of
your major DCs (single master role holders, DNS, GCs).

A full backup is good too.

You are very unlikely to need it due to the upgrade,
but such backups should ALWAYS be available (and
sufficiently recent to support going back to them.)

--
Herb Martin

You should have a system state backup of at least two domain controllers in
each of the domains in your forest.

You'll also want to make sure that your FSMO roles are moved away from the
server to be upgraded, if at all possible.

Take a look at : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325379

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA