Impoting User names and SId's to different forest

We are in the process of creating a spin off company and need to create some
of the users With their SID's in order to desintagle the AD

is there a microsoft utility to copy some groups and SID's to a different
forest/domain

One forest is AD2000 and the other is AD2003 with no connectors betwen them

Any Help is apreciated
2 answers Last reply
More about impoting user names forest

    blandip wrote:
    > We are in the process of creating a spin off company and need to create some
    > of the users With their SID's in order to desintagle the AD
    >
    > is there a microsoft utility to copy some groups and SID's to a different
    > forest/domain
    >
    > One forest is AD2000 and the other is AD2003 with no connectors betwen them

    Take a look at ADMTv2

    http://www.petri.co.il/active_directory_migration_tool_usage_w2k_windows_2003.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=788975b1-5849-4707-9817-8c9773c25c6c&displaylang=en

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
    T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

    Just remember to turn SIDFiltering off on your trust and to have the
    destination domain in Native mode and you'll be fine.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" <T.Onyszko_nospam_@w2k.pl> wrote in message
    > blandip wrote:
    >> We are in the process of creating a spin off company and need to create
    >> some of the users With their SID's in order to desintagle the AD
    >>
    >> is there a microsoft utility to copy some groups and SID's to a different
    >> forest/domain
    >>
    >> One forest is AD2000 and the other is AD2003 with no connectors betwen
    >> them
    >
    > Take a look at ADMTv2
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/active_directory_migration_tool_usage_w2k_windows_2003.htm
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=788975b1-5849-4707-9817-8c9773c25c6c&displaylang=en