Horizontal Banding Through Print - How to Fix?

Hi,

I have a relatively new HP Deskjet 1200c

Recently, I have started to get horozontal banding through my photoprints -
not missed lines but a faint lightening and darkening in bands.

How can I fix this? Advice appreciated

Thanks

Isn't the 1200 series of HP Deskjet printers a business document printer?

J wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a relatively new HP Deskjet 1200c
>
>Recently, I have started to get horozontal banding through my photoprints -
>not missed lines but a faint lightening and darkening in bands.
>
>How can I fix this? Advice appreciated
>
>Thanks

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi J
Almost certainly a failed or near empty cartridge, if you have previosuly had
good results then something has changed.
You need to determine which cartridge is causing the problem, if you have no
trouble with printing black only documents then the colour cartridge is
probably at fault. Does the printer driver have the facility to print a nozzle
check (some but not all HP printers have this facility) if so try that and you
will see which cartridge is at fault. Then go buy a new one. It is important to
remember that the black cartridge is used even when printing photoprints
depending on the makeup of the photo.
Tony