Windows not loading

October 1, 2004 4:58:49 AM

When I turn on my PC it gets to the screen saying windows
is loading but doesn't go any further, the hard drive
just stops being accessed after a little time and it
doesn't do anything. It loads in safe mode and I have
done a defrag and virus scan, neither of which helped, I
have also restored to last known good config and also to
a restore point a few days ago but nither has helped.
Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong or how I
could fix it?!

More about : windows loading

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 10:37:15 PM

"Paul" <prior81@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When I turn on my PC it gets to the screen saying windows
>is loading but doesn't go any further,

See "Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041).

--
(tm)
!