Windows not loading

When I turn on my PC it gets to the screen saying windows
is loading but doesn't go any further, the hard drive
just stops being accessed after a little time and it
doesn't do anything. It loads in safe mode and I have
done a defrag and virus scan, neither of which helped, I
have also restored to last known good config and also to
a restore point a few days ago but nither has helped.
Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong or how I
could fix it?!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows loading

    "Paul" <prior81@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When I turn on my PC it gets to the screen saying windows
    >is loading but doesn't go any further,

    See "Resources for Troubleshooting Startup Problems in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308041).

    --
    (tm)

Windows XP