Canon i900d driver hangs computer Win 2000

Anyone have this happen? When I put the drivers in, the printer will
function, but now my computer hangs when I reboot. I removed the driver and
that is the problem. Anyone know why this is occuring? I have the latest
drivers for the printer and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 professional.

Thank you,
D. Brandt

>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 "Donna Brandt" <address@insig.com> wrote:
>Anyone have this happen? When I put the drivers in, the printer will
>function, but now my computer hangs when I reboot. I removed the driver and
>that is the problem. Anyone know why this is occuring? I have the latest
>drivers for the printer and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 professional.

Dunno; but for sure, all computers are not created equal!

Over the years, I tend to be more-and-more convinced that adoption of
generic Intel CPUs and Chip Sets, accompanied by Intel-manufactured
motherboards, is the very best defence against such anomalies!

At least with an All-Intel system, you can be reasonably assured that
any software-related hiccups rest with the software vendor, rather than
the hardware vendor.

If it hangs on reboot it sounds more like the USB port to me.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

birch999@hotmail.com wrote:

>>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 "Donna Brandt" <address@insig.com> wrote:
>>Anyone have this happen? When I put the drivers in, the printer will
>>function, but now my computer hangs when I reboot. I removed the driver and
>>that is the problem. Anyone know why this is occuring? I have the latest
>>drivers for the printer and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 professional.
>>

>Dunno; but for sure, all computers are not created equal!
>
>Over the years, I tend to be more-and-more convinced that adoption of
>generic Intel CPUs and Chip Sets, accompanied by Intel-manufactured
>motherboards, is the very best defence against such anomalies!
>
>At least with an All-Intel system, you can be reasonably assured that
>any software-related hiccups rest with the software vendor, rather than
>the hardware vendor.

I have built many computers myself. I chose Intel because I feel more
comfortable with them but I am considering AMD the next time. Most of
the mother boards I have use were from ASUS. I feel that ASUS is the
best Brand of System board out there.

I do not think that the hardware you are using is the problem. You may
have a corrupt Windows Install or possibly a corrupt driver. It is
easiest to first try another driver from another CD before you try a
clean install.

> birch999@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 "Donna Brandt" <address@insig.com> wrote:
> >>Anyone have this happen? When I put the drivers in, the printer will
> >>function, but now my computer hangs when I reboot. I removed the driver
and
> >>that is the problem. Anyone know why this is occuring? I have the latest
> >>drivers for the printer and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 professional.
> >>

> >Dunno; but for sure, all computers are not created equal!
> >
> >Over the years, I tend to be more-and-more convinced that adoption of
> >generic Intel CPUs and Chip Sets, accompanied by Intel-manufactured
> >motherboards, is the very best defence against such anomalies!
> >
> >At least with an All-Intel system, you can be reasonably assured that
> >any software-related hiccups rest with the software vendor, rather than
> >the hardware vendor.
> >

> I have built many computers myself. I chose Intel because I feel more
> comfortable with them but I am considering AMD the next time. Most of
> the mother boards I have use were from ASUS. I feel that ASUS is the
> best Brand of System board out there.
>
> I do not think that the hardware you are using is the problem. You may
> have a corrupt Windows Install or possibly a corrupt driver. It is
> easiest to first try another driver from another CD before you try a
> clean install.

Thanks for the info. I'm not reformatting, I just had that done. We have an
Intel P4 chip and Asus motherboard. I have the driver from the CD and the
latest one from the Canon site. I guess it's some kind of conflict that I
can't resolve.

-D.

"Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message

> If it hangs on reboot it sounds more like the USB port to me.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

It is definetly the USB connection, as the printer works fine once the
system finally reboots. I called Canon, and we tried disabling legacy
support in the BIOS, but it didn't work. I guess I will just have to umplug
my printer before I reboot.
Thanks,
-D.

> It is definetly the USB connection, as the printer works fine once the
> system finally reboots. I called Canon, and we tried disabling legacy
> support in the BIOS, but it didn't work. I guess I will just have to
> umplug
> my printer before I reboot.
> Thanks,
> -D.

Cheapest and quickest option is to puchase a PCI USB card.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

shooter

I have no experience of this printer but from what you say it sounds if the
problem is either your computer or the software for the printer, as many
others will have the same software it is likely the computer. Has the
printer got USB2 and if so do you have USB2 drivers on your machine, you can
check this in Device Manager. My other suggestion is can you install the
printer on some other computer. Lastly, try and install the software with
your Antivirus and Internet security switched off, but be sure you are not
connected on-line, and lastly, lastly with the printer disconnected from the
computer and all the software removed for the printer try "Find" in the
Windows Registry and see if anything for that printer has been left, and
delete as required.