creating a custom GPO template

Im having a very hard time creating a custom template ( *adm) fopr a windows
2000 Group policy object, the goal is to disable the follwing registry key
for windows 2000 users

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Enable Browser
Extensions
yes to enable, no to disable

THe following language does give a new entry in the GPO however it is empty
and there is no entry to disable or enable

any thoughts would be very helpfull

Thanks

CLASS USER

CATEGORY !!InternetExplorernew

POLICY !!Enablebrowserextensions
EXPLAIN !!Enablebrowserextensions_Explain
VALUENAME "Enablebrowserextensions"
VALUEON NUMERIC 1
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 2
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\"
END POLICY
END CATEGORY
[strings]
Enablebrowserextensions="Enable Browser Extensions"
Enablebrowserextensions_Explain="Allows users to run browser extensions"
InternetExplorernew="Internet Explorer New"

stuckey wrote:
(...)

> THe following language does give a new entry in the GPO however it is empty
> and there is no entry to disable or enable
>
> any thoughts would be very helpfull

In the group policy console select this key (or administrative templates
in general) and then choose from the menu View -> Filtering -> clear
checkbox "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed"

And then enjoy Your new GPO option :)

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

Simple enough

does the trick

thanks

OK here is an update after creating the new template an importing it to the
GPO I was successfully able to apply it to the local pc however it was not
taking effect on networked users as should. Im guessng its a permissions
issue of some sort. ideas?

also can anyone tell me what a red icon next to the entry in the gpo means?
all of the others have a blue icon?

Thanks