Remove a NT BDC from a Windows 2000 Domain

Hi everyone. We currently have three Windows 2000 domain controllers and one
NT BDC. I would like to remove the NT BDC from the domain. What are the
steps to do this properly? Do I simply turn off the NT BDC, go to AD Users
and Computers, go to Domain Controllers, and delete the NT BDC? I would
appreciate any guidance. Thanks. Corbin.
1 answer Last reply
More about remove windows 2000 domain

    Yes, it's pretty much that simple. You can also clean up any associated DNS
    and WINS records as well. Once all BDC's have been removed you can consider
    making the switch to native mode as well.

    "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone. We currently have three Windows 2000 domain controllers and
    > one NT BDC. I would like to remove the NT BDC from the domain. What are
    > the steps to do this properly? Do I simply turn off the NT BDC, go to AD
    > Users and Computers, go to Domain Controllers, and delete the NT BDC? I
    > would appreciate any guidance. Thanks. Corbin.

Domain Windows 2000 Active Directory Windows