Remove a NT BDC from a Windows 2000 Domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 16, 2005 12:42:49 PM

Hi everyone. We currently have three Windows 2000 domain controllers and one
NT BDC. I would like to remove the NT BDC from the domain. What are the
steps to do this properly? Do I simply turn off the NT BDC, go to AD Users
and Computers, go to Domain Controllers, and delete the NT BDC? I would
appreciate any guidance. Thanks. Corbin.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:41:27 PM

Yes, it's pretty much that simple. You can also clean up any associated DNS
and WINS records as well. Once all BDC's have been removed you can consider
making the switch to native mode as well.

news:o UIQd.8$dn2.5@bignews1.bellsouth.net...

!