restrict file extensions and size on shared folders

Hello All,
I am wondering if it is possible to restrict file extensions to be saved
onto shared folders (for example .exe files). Also of setting the
limit on file size no matter the extension. I am aware of disk quota but
that is only possible for drives not folders themselves. Any ideas?
BTW, Win2k3 Server, XP por clients
TIA,
Altria

"Altria" <urbantec92@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
> I am wondering if it is possible to restrict file extensions to be saved
> onto shared folders (for example .exe files).

No, nothing built-in. It wouldn't be that hard to
build something to just delete them (directory
notification).

Of course you would also have to deal with renames.

> Also of setting the
> limit on file size no matter the extension.

Not built in. But if you can the first part (delete) you
can also do this without a LOT of trouble.

> I am aware of disk quota but
> that is only possible for drives not folders themselves. Any ideas?

You can fake per directory (tree) quotas by using volumes
for each such directory and hooked then into a parent volume
so that each looks like a director but is really a separate
volume with separate quota.

> BTW, Win2k3 Server, XP por clients

Clients are really irrelevant if you wish to do this
on the server.

--
Herb Martin