Can't access AD from 3rd paty proxy

Hi we got another problem in one third party
proxy server. If I access the AD coming from this third party proxy servers
only one accounts is accepted which is the first administrator who created
the forest. The Third party proxy is not a member server cause it runs a
third party SW. We tried to copy the admin account but still they can't
access the AD from the proxy. Is there any configuration must be add to AD so
that domain users can be authenticated coming from this proxy server.
Thanks in Advance,
Emslan

Emslan,

You can't just copy an account to a computer that is not in the domain.
There really isn't a way to do that. Perhaps if you give us some more
information... like what the proxy is and who its proxying.

This might very well be an issue of dealing with the proxy vendor and
getting them to support you.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi we got another problem in one third party
> proxy server. If I access the AD coming from this third party proxy
> servers
> only one accounts is accepted which is the first administrator who created
> the forest. The Third party proxy is not a member server cause it runs a
> third party SW. We tried to copy the admin account but still they can't
> access the AD from the proxy. Is there any configuration must be add to AD
> so
> that domain users can be authenticated coming from this proxy server.
> Thanks in Advance,
> Emslan

We are using the blue coat system SGOS 3.2.3.3 newly installed,
Thanks

"Ryan Hanisco" wrote:

> Emslan,
>
> You can't just copy an account to a computer that is not in the domain.
> There really isn't a way to do that. Perhaps if you give us some more
> information... like what the proxy is and who its proxying.
>
> This might very well be an issue of dealing with the proxy vendor and
> getting them to support you.
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> FlagShip Integration Services
>
> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi we got another problem in one third party
> > proxy server. If I access the AD coming from this third party proxy
> > servers
> > only one accounts is accepted which is the first administrator who created
> > the forest. The Third party proxy is not a member server cause it runs a
> > third party SW. We tried to copy the admin account but still they can't
> > access the AD from the proxy. Is there any configuration must be add to AD
> > so
> > that domain users can be authenticated coming from this proxy server.
> > Thanks in Advance,
> > Emslan

Bluecoat can integrate....

Are you looking for a way to pass users through, or to use AD as a RADIUS
source to authenticate access through the BlueCoat?

Both are in their docs, thought he AD/RADIUS thing isn't in there on the
windows end and you'd need to configure IAS (not ISA).

--

> We are using the blue coat system SGOS 3.2.3.3 newly installed,
> Thanks
>
> "Ryan Hanisco" wrote:
>
>> Emslan,
>>
>> You can't just copy an account to a computer that is not in the domain.
>> There really isn't a way to do that. Perhaps if you give us some more
>> information... like what the proxy is and who its proxying.
>>
>> This might very well be an issue of dealing with the proxy vendor and
>> getting them to support you.
>>
>> --
>> Ryan Hanisco
>> MCSE, MCDBA
>> FlagShip Integration Services
>>
>> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi we got another problem in one third party
>> > proxy server. If I access the AD coming from this third party proxy
>> > servers
>> > only one accounts is accepted which is the first administrator who
>> > created
>> > the forest. The Third party proxy is not a member server cause it runs
>> > third party SW. We tried to copy the admin account but still they can't
>> > access the AD from the proxy. Is there any configuration must be add to
>> > AD
>> > so
>> > that domain users can be authenticated coming from this proxy server.
>> > Thanks in Advance,
>> > Emslan

we are trying to pass thru bluecoat>then to active directory. eg a user
connect to blue coat>then blue coat pass it to AD>then AD will pass again to
bluecoat to serve the user. It's working already but we are using the forest
admin but other user list in AD is denied.
Thanks,
Emslan

"Ryan Hanisco" wrote:

> Bluecoat can integrate....
>
> Are you looking for a way to pass users through, or to use AD as a RADIUS
> source to authenticate access through the BlueCoat?
>
> Both are in their docs, thought he AD/RADIUS thing isn't in there on the
> windows end and you'd need to configure IAS (not ISA).
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> FlagShip Integration Services
>
> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are using the blue coat system SGOS 3.2.3.3 newly installed,
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Ryan Hanisco" wrote:
> >
> >> Emslan,
> >>
> >> You can't just copy an account to a computer that is not in the domain.
> >> There really isn't a way to do that. Perhaps if you give us some more
> >> information... like what the proxy is and who its proxying.
> >>
> >> This might very well be an issue of dealing with the proxy vendor and
> >> getting them to support you.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ryan Hanisco
> >> MCSE, MCDBA
> >> FlagShip Integration Services
> >>
> >> "emslan" <emslan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

In this case, contact BlueCoat. They should be able to help you.