Funny character names

The part of character creation the tortures me the most is the NAMING.
My earliest characters didn't have interesting names. My most
successful early character was my female Argonian reformer Fhuri.

I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
others because I kept wanting to start over.

I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble. I realize these are
rather lame, and I am curious to know what kinds of names some of you
truly creative people came up with.

ToolPackinMama saith unto the gathered crowd:
> The part of character creation the tortures me the most is the NAMING.
> My earliest characters didn't have interesting names. My most
> successful early character was my female Argonian reformer Fhuri.
>
> I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
> Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
> others because I kept wanting to start over.
>
> I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy
> Podner, and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just
> started a new Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble. I
> realize these are rather lame, and I am curious to know what kinds of
> names some of you truly creative people came up with.

Check this out:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010208b

Name generator :)

-mietres

Naming has been a problem for me lately, I seem to be running out of names that
I like. In the past I've used Senate, Sabathius (from space hulk), Ahndorr, and
Zzeddmoirr. I've a longer list of forgotten names that I used when I was
testing my own custom plugins for the game. Of course, since I've forgotten
them I can't list them here. :)

:
: I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
: Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
: others because I kept wanting to start over.
:
: I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
: and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
: Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble. I realize these are
: rather lame, and I am curious to know what kinds of names some of you
: truly creative people came up with.

icon

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> The part of character creation the tortures me the most is the NAMING.
> My earliest characters didn't have interesting names. My most
> successful early character was my female Argonian reformer Fhuri.
>
> I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
> Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
> others because I kept wanting to start over.
>
> I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
> and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
> Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble. I realize these are
> rather lame, and I am curious to know what kinds of names some of you
> truly creative people came up with.

Hehe, reminds of the name Edd Theman (I always read it as The Man) aka
Fast Eddie.
Not one of my characters, he's one of the original NPCs.

Icon wrote:

> Hehe, reminds of the name Edd Theman (I always read it as The Man) aka
> Fast Eddie.

LOL I never noticed that before.

I also like Rad Hard-heart who's at the fort near Balmora. He's
well-named, as you'll find out if you ever get kicked out of the
Imperial Legion and ask him to be allowed back in.

I named my Imperial Fitz Chivalry after my favorite character in Robin
Hobb's Assassin series

Metis Artist wrote:

> I named my Imperial Fitz Chivalry after my favorite character in Robin
> Hobb's Assassin series

Good one, thanks. :) Fitz is a great name that can go with all kinds
of amusing last names.

Metis Artist wrote:
> I named my Imperial Fitz Chivalry after my favorite character in Robin
> Hobb's Assassin series

That it one kick-ass series and definately one of my all time
favourites. too bad it's only 3 books...

-M

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:27:46 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
>Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
>others because I kept wanting to start over.
>
>I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
>and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
>Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble.

I know how you feel. It is *tough* to make good
fantasy-type names that don't feel silly to use.
Some time ago on the bethesda forums, someone
posted that they name thair characters something like
"oh, I just farted", so that all the NPCs say things
like "oh, I just farted, do you need more duties?". lol.
My first character, who played the entire game
all the way through, was named Bob. It totally does
not fit the Morrowind/fantasy universe but I just like
that name. I know it pisses off the Dunmer to know
that not only is their precious Nerevarine an
*Imperial*, but he is also named BOB! Ha!
My second char is a Khajiit so I named him
Karl. :D
For my latest character, I put more time into
picking the name. I wanted a name that was more
fantasy-sounding, yet not dorky. Since this character
is a Breton, and since Breton males make the most
*annoying* sounds when in combat, I made this
character a female. I ended up making up a new name
that sort of sounded like an existing name: "Rashelle"
(sounds like Michele). To me that sounds classy yet
exotic at the same time.
Imagine my horror when I later found out that
Rashelle is a real name.

Miika Turtiainen wrote:

> Metis Artist wrote:
>
>> I named my Imperial Fitz Chivalry after my favorite character in Robin
>> Hobb's Assassin series
>>

> That it one kick-ass series and definately one of my all time
> favourites. too bad it's only 3 books...
>
> -M

Actually it is six books. The Tawny Man series continues the abuse 14
or so years later.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:25:58 GMT, "Michael W. Ryder"
<mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Miika Turtiainen wrote:
>
>> Metis Artist wrote:
>>
>>> I named my Imperial Fitz Chivalry after my favorite character in Robin
>>> Hobb's Assassin series
>>>

>> That it one kick-ass series and definately one of my all time
>> favourites. too bad it's only 3 books...
>>
>> -M
>
>Actually it is six books. The Tawny Man series continues the abuse 14
>or so years later.

I preferred the The Tawny Man trilogy. Everything the Assassin
Trilogy had, with the angst turned down a few notches. :)

And what's with all the carrots ?

Michael W. Ryder wrote:
> Miika Turtiainen wrote:
>
>> Metis Artist wrote:
>>
>>> I named my Imperial Fitz Chivalry after my favorite character in Robin
>>> Hobb's Assassin series
>>>

>> That it one kick-ass series and definately one of my all time
>> favourites. too bad it's only 3 books...
>>
>> -M
>

> Actually it is six books. The Tawny Man series continues the abuse 14
> or so years later.

W00T?!?!?!? Why didn't anyone tell me before!?! Oh my god oh my god oh
my GOD I GOT to get them NOW!!!

*runs off if panic*

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:12:46 +0300, Miika Turtiainen
<miika.turtiainen@kymp.net> wrote:

>Michael W. Ryder wrote:
>> Miika Turtiainen wrote:

>>> That it one kick-ass series and definately one of my all time
>>> favourites. too bad it's only 3 books...
>>>
>>> -M
>>

>> Actually it is six books. The Tawny Man series continues the abuse 14
>> or so years later.
>

>W00T?!?!?!? Why didn't anyone tell me before!?! Oh my god oh my god oh
>my GOD I GOT to get them NOW!!!
>
>*runs off if panic*

And you call yourself a fan ?

FOR SHAME !

Mark Morrison wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:25:58 GMT, "Michael W. Ryder"
> <mwryder@_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

>>Miika Turtiainen wrote:

>>>That it one kick-ass series and definately one of my all time
>>>favourites. too bad it's only 3 books...
>>>
>>>-M
>>
>>Actually it is six books. The Tawny Man series continues the abuse 14
>>or so years later.
>

> I preferred the The Tawny Man trilogy. Everything the Assassin
> Trilogy had, with the angst turned down a few notches. :)

I thought the first book in the series was far harsher than anything in
the first trilogy.

nospam wrote:

> Some time ago on the bethesda forums, someone
> posted that they name thair characters something like
> "oh, I just farted", so that all the NPCs say things
> like "oh, I just farted, do you need more duties?". lol.

LOL now you're talkin'! :)

> My first character, who played the entire game
> all the way through, was named Bob. It totally does
> not fit the Morrowind/fantasy universe but I just like
> that name. I know it pisses off the Dunmer to know
> that not only is their precious Nerevarine an
> *Imperial*, but he is also named BOB! Ha!

:)

> Imagine my horror when I later found out that
> Rashelle is a real name.

It would be worse if you found out it meant "vomit" in French, or
something.

"nospam" <PeterC@nym.alias.net.almost> wrote in message
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:27:46 -0400, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>

> >I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
> >Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
> >others because I kept wanting to start over.
> >
> >I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
> >and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
> >Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble.

I usually stick to something that lets me get into the story well. Unless I
am ripping off a novel or game, like my current character, Kil'Jaeden - a
demon from Warcraft.
Past characters have been Thorm Skyrage, Mhoram, Kam, Silver Willy, Zant,
and Stompthemodtester.

Nathaniel Acord wrote:

> Past characters have been Thorm Skyrage, Mhoram, Kam, Silver Willy, Zant,
> and Stompthemodtester.

Yeah, some good ones there. :)

Mark Morrison wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:12:46 +0300, Miika Turtiainen
> <miika.turtiainen@kymp.net> wrote:
>

>>Michael W. Ryder wrote:

>>>Actually it is six books. The Tawny Man series continues the abuse 14
>>>or so years later.
>>

>>W00T?!?!?!? Why didn't anyone tell me before!?! Oh my god oh my god oh
>>my GOD I GOT to get them NOW!!!
>>
>>*runs off if panic*
>

> And you call yourself a fan ?
>
> FOR SHAME !

:( :( :( :( :(

It's these damn finnish book publishers!!! Hate them! Gonna go order the
books online asap

Hiya---
"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> The part of character creation the tortures me the most is the NAMING.
> My earliest characters didn't have interesting names. My most
> successful early character was my female Argonian reformer Fhuri.
>
> I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
> Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
> others because I kept wanting to start over.
>
> I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
> and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
> Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble. I realize these are
> rather lame, and I am curious to know what kinds of names some of you
> truly creative people came up with.
One of mine is-------TADAAH!
Abracadaver.

My two all-time favorites from D&D (still being used) -

Alceryes (ALL-SIR-EES) - for spell casters.

Shadowthrive - For assassin / thief.
--

I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!
- Alceryes

Dennis Curtis wrote:

> One of mine is-------TADAAH!
> Abracadaver.

LOL good one! :)

Alceryes wrote:
> My two all-time favorites from D&D (still being used) -
>
> Alceryes (ALL-SIR-EES) - for spell casters.
>
> Shadowthrive - For assassin / thief.

a couple of old d&d names I have also used in MW :

Waylan Swift - for good natured sneaky character

Goodwin Lance - a near immortal caster character

Khiida - current char (would be better for khajiit, but used on an argonian)

Kristof de Montarion - a young nobleman, maybe breton or imperial

-M

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:27:46 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>The part of character creation the tortures me the most is the NAMING.
>My earliest characters didn't have interesting names. My most
>successful early character was my female Argonian reformer Fhuri.
>
>I worked a Nord assassin named Bogus for a while, and I also had a
>Redguard swordsman named Yomama, but I abandoned them, and several
>others because I kept wanting to start over.
>
>I right now I'm playing a kick-ass Imperial Telvanni named Howdy Podner,
>and a Female Nord avenger named Helza Poppin. I also just started a new
>Argonian troublemaker named Here-Comes-Trouble. I realize these are
>rather lame, and I am curious to know what kinds of names some of you
>truly creative people came up with.

"Fungusbutt"

The Demon Prince
aka William Dukinfield of Bristol
aka Brimstone Billy, Captain of the "Cardiff Rose"
Privateer to Her Most Serene Imperial Highness,
Jill, Empress of the Hamsters
TDM, OYKB Knight, Defender of the OTW
FG, *C*AF, XGMC
Lord Yuk Fu of Sarcastica - Master of the Motorcade
Priest to the AFR Goddess of Innocence and Wenches-To-Be
Captain of the Meadery - Chief Taster of the Brew
Serpentus Proteus, Advocate of Arachne and
Champion of the Precept that Real Men Do Wear Lace
Probationary Member - Guild of St. Wilde
Dave #1, Society of Daves
95 ACE - "Baby"
97 FLSTS - "Heartbreaker"

The Demon Prince wrote:

> "Fungusbutt"
>
> The Demon Prince
> aka William Dukinfield of Bristol
> aka Brimstone Billy, Captain of the "Cardiff Rose"
> Privateer to Her Most Serene Imperial Highness,
> Jill, Empress of the Hamsters
> TDM, OYKB Knight, Defender of the OTW
> FG, *C*AF, XGMC
> Lord Yuk Fu of Sarcastica - Master of the Motorcade
> Priest to the AFR Goddess of Innocence and Wenches-To-Be
> Captain of the Meadery - Chief Taster of the Brew
> Serpentus Proteus, Advocate of Arachne and
> Champion of the Precept that Real Men Do Wear Lace
> Probationary Member - Guild of St. Wilde
> Dave #1, Society of Daves
> 95 ACE - "Baby"
> 97 FLSTS - "Heartbreaker"

ROFL