Missing Icons

Every now and then my desktop background, icons, and taskbar vanish briefly
and then re-appear, but afterwards several icons that were in the sys tray
have vanished, though the programs they relate to seem to be running OK.

Any ideas?

Dave S.

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:26:47 +0100, Dave S. wrote:

> Every now and then my desktop background, icons, and taskbar vanish briefly
> and then re-appear, but afterwards several icons that were in the sys tray
> have vanished, though the programs they relate to seem to be running OK.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave S.

PS: This reset can also happen with a change to the display. Example:
Closing a game that uses a different display mode than normal windows
causes desktop to reset.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User