"Computer \X cannot be managed. The network path was not f..

The above error message appears when I try to connect to computer X in
the Computer Management tool. I get the same error message when I try to
connect to X's IP address.

OTOH the computer is running fine, domain users can log on, I can ping
it, and I can connect to its screen via VNC.

Did this particular event ever happen to anybody before? :-(

--
Andrew J. Brehm
Marx Brothers Fan

    Can you connect to the admin share on the workstation?
    Is there a firewall between both workstations (either hardware or software)
    which could be affecting the connection attempt?

    P.Walsh <PWalsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Can you connect to the admin share on the workstation?
    > Is there a firewall between both workstations (either hardware or software)
    > which could be affecting the connection attempt?

    Good points. I'll look into this tomorrow evening.

    I really wish the error messages would be a bit more helpful. But I
    believe the management tool gives the same error message no matter what
    happens.

    --
    Andrew J. Brehm
    Marx Brothers Fan

Connection Computers Error Message Windows