send to desktop as shortcut missing

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

--
Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
AOL Instant Messenger: os65k
9 answers Last reply
More about send desktop shortcut missing

    In news:%23TpeWv7pEHA.3244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    *ProteanThread* <rtdos@hotmail.com> gathered his thoughts and came up with
    these words:

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_sendtodesktop.htm

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

    Start NOTEPAD and paste this text:

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}]
    "NeverShowExt"=""

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\InProcServer32]
    @="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\SENDMAIL.DLL"
    "ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\WINDOWS\\explorer.exe,-103"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\shellex]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\shellex\DropHandler]
    @="{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DeskLink]
    @="CLSID\\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

    Save the file as "Desktop (create shortcut).Desklink" in the SENDTO
    folder in your user profile folder under DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS.
    Or simply copy the same shortcut from DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DEFAULT
    USER\SENDTO.

    --
    (tm)

    What is wrong with it?

    "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
    >
    > --
    > Woodzy
    >
    > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    > AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

    Repairs the Send To Desktop Function
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_sendtodesktop.htm

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP
    pronetworks.org

    *ProteanThread* wrote:

    > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

    >"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

    Go to www.dougknox.com
    Under XP fixes, you'll see "Send to Desktop Shortcut" - FIX
    That will take you to the download of a small .vbs file to cure the
    problem.

    By saying what's wrong with it, dick.

    Try

    regsvr32 sendmail

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23TpeWv7pEHA.3244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
    >
    > --
    > Woodzy
    >
    > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    > AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 ole32
    Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 /i shell32

    If no help, see the entry for HKEY_Classes_Root\.DESKLINK
    and then:

    Open notepad, and create a blank text file named 'Desktop (create
    shortcut).DESKLINK'
    Save it in the %userprofile%/sendto folder

    Automated Script:

    Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut) Fix (line 348)

    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
    >
    > --
    > Woodzy
    >
    > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    > AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    thanks, again, kelly!!!

    "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<uUHTQyEqEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    > Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    > Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 ole32
    > Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 /i shell32
    >
    > If no help, see the entry for HKEY_Classes_Root\.DESKLINK
    > and then:
    >
    > Open notepad, and create a blank text file named 'Desktop (create
    > shortcut).DESKLINK'
    > Save it in the %userprofile%/sendto folder
    >
    > Automated Script:
    >
    > Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut) Fix (line 348)

    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Woodzy
    > >
    > > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    > > AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Most welcome. :o)

    --

    "* ProteanThread *" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
    > thanks, again, kelly!!!

    >> Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    >> Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 ole32
    >> Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 /i shell32
    >>
    >> If no help, see the entry for HKEY_Classes_Root\.DESKLINK
    >> and then:
    >>
    >> Open notepad, and create a blank text file named 'Desktop (create
    >> shortcut).DESKLINK'
    >> Save it in the %userprofile%/sendto folder
    >>
    >> Automated Script:
    >>
    >> Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut) Fix (line 348)
    >>
    >> --
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly
    >>
    >> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    >> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>

    >> "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Woodzy
    >> >
    >> > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
    >> > AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP