send to desktop as shortcut missing

September 30, 2004 11:59:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

--
Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
AOL Instant Messenger: os65k
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 10:22:40 PM

In news:%23TpeWv7pEHA.3244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
*ProteanThread* <rtdos@hotmail.com> gathered his thoughts and came up with
these words:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_sendtodeskto...

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote:

>how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

Start NOTEPAD and paste this text:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}]
"NeverShowExt"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\SENDMAIL.DLL"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\explorer.exe,-103"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\shellex]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}\shellex\DropHandler]
@="{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.DeskLink]
@="CLSID\\{9E56BE61-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

Save the file as "Desktop (create shortcut).Desklink" in the SENDTO
folder in your user profile folder under DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS.
Or simply copy the same shortcut from DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\DEFAULT
USER\SENDTO.

--
(tm)
October 1, 2004 10:52:26 PM

What is wrong with it?

"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
>
> --
> Woodzy
>
> http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 3:45:33 AM

>"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote:
>how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?

Go to www.dougknox.com
Under XP fixes, you'll see "Send to Desktop Shortcut" - FIX
That will take you to the download of a small .vbs file to cure the
problem.
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 4:18:02 AM

By saying what's wrong with it, dick.

Try

regsvr32 sendmail

http://www.uscricket.com
"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23TpeWv7pEHA.3244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
>
> --
> Woodzy
>
> http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

October 2, 2004 5:53:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 sendmail.dll
Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 ole32
Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 /i shell32

If no help, see the entry for HKEY_Classes_Root\.DESKLINK
and then:

Open notepad, and create a blank text file named 'Desktop (create
shortcut).DESKLINK'
Save it in the %userprofile%/sendto folder

Automated Script:

Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut) Fix (line 348)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
>
> --
> Woodzy
>
> http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 5:18:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

thanks, again, kelly!!!

"Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<uUHTQyEqEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Go to Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 sendmail.dll
> Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 ole32
> Go to Start/Run and type in: regsrv32 /i shell32
>
> If no help, see the entry for HKEY_Classes_Root\.DESKLINK
> and then:
>
> Open notepad, and create a blank text file named 'Desktop (create
> shortcut).DESKLINK'
> Save it in the %userprofile%/sendto folder
>
> Automated Script:
>
> Send To Desktop (Create Shortcut) Fix (line 348)

> All the Best,
> Kelly
>
> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > how can i fix my send to desktop as short cut ?
> >
> > --
> > Woodzy
> >
> > http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> > AOL Instant Messenger: os65k

October 14, 2004 6:04:16 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Most welcome. :o )

--

!