BeAuMaN

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Right, I'm basicly building my new system sooner or later, the Conroe cores are supposodly going to be out in 7 days...

So question is, should I wait for the Conroe, or go with the D805 or D930?

I'm not the real expert here, so is the Conroe going to need a whole new chipset to run it, and if so, anyone have any idea on how long it'll be before the third-party board vendors get their boards out? Or can we use the current Pentium D boards? I do plan to overclock it w/ watercooling, if its good overclockable (since its supposed to be the better overclocker, among other things).

I already understand the whole D805 overclocking capabilities from the article, and the D930 is just supposed to be able to handle more abuse.

So, comments?... and if Conroe information can be compiled here beyond inquirer links, that'd be great, thanks :D

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So if you have time, a couple of things are going to happen in the next month or so. First, when Conroe comes out, we'll see how it performs, if it has any bugs, etc. Second, the existing chips (805, 930) will only become cheaper since they won't perform as well and the retailers will be trying to clear the supply chain.

So if you can wait a bit, it's probably the smart thing to do...

dduummyy

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2006
conroe will have them beat by a long shot................ in price. 805 are now around $100, its your coin. My 805 @3.6ghz can handle anything with ease. Best purchase i ever made.