motherboard is VERY screwy

oinkypig

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
ok, ive had no problems for about 4 months now and about 2 1/2 weeks ago my pc started to act up. when ibooted up i'd get errors such as
1. keyboard/interface error
2. floppy controller failure
3. CPU fan error
4. CPU voltage error
5. overclocking failed!enter setep to reconfig system
6. CMOS bad checksum
7. fatal erorr!system halted
and some others. sometimes there would be many errors or just a few. and sometimes it would bypass it, and my keyboard was fully functional to enter bios setup. well it got better then worse and so forth. then my keyboard started acting up not functioning in the bios setup and random freezong in it, then my keyboard stopped all together, working only in wondows. no biggie, i would just unconnect the keyboard from the usb plugin so when it asked to press f1 to continue it would see theres no keyboard detected and bypass the error screen and go to windows. well the other day while on my pc, it either froze or shut off by itself, and i just thought to reboot it and go back to do my work, but now it gots even worse, i would get 2 short beeps continued by 4 continous beeps indicating there was a ahrdware failure, so i checked the sound card, memory, and made sure the cpu was working right, and this isnt a video card problem, so it was either a HDD or mobo problem. my HDD is a reapaired HDD because i RMA-ed my other HDD from seagate and they said i should have no problems with it when i got it. so it must be the motherboard! i think :confused:
so i have JUST updated the bios thinking that was the problem but it didnt solve anything.ALSO, when i keep restarting my pc and shut psu down sometimes i can enter windows but its very rarely. i am using this pc right now while posting this, so now i am all up for recommendations and advice.

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
definetly RMA the mobo, it could be the powersupply acting up sometimes, but I doubt it, otherwise it seems like the motherboard is shot, look it over and look for bad caps(usually bent over and have the tops bubled out)

Hope this helps