Export Users to a file and import into another domain?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?
3 answers Last reply
More about export users file import domain
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    "-->JD" <jd@ms.com> wrote in message
    > Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?

    Not to a file, no.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    If both domains are at Windows 2003 level, you can use ADMT v2 to
    export/import objects. For security principal objects, their SIDs will be
    kept in sidhistory attribute, and the migration should be completely
    transparent in terms of access.

    --
    Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru]
    MVP: Windows Server - Directory Services

    "-->JD" <jd@ms.com> wrote in message
    > Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

    The ADMTv2 will not let you output to a file, but it will let you transfer
    the accounts with the SIDHistory. Neither of the domains have to be at the
    Windows 2003 level... The Destination domain, however, must be at the
    windows 2000 Native mode or better.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Dmitry Korolyov [MVP]" <d__k@removethispart.mail.ru> wrote in message
    > If both domains are at Windows 2003 level, you can use ADMT v2 to
    > export/import objects. For security principal objects, their SIDs will be
    > kept in sidhistory attribute, and the migration should be completely
    > transparent in terms of access.
    >
    > --
    > Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru]
    > MVP: Windows Server - Directory Services
    >

    > "-->JD" <jd@ms.com> wrote in message
    > > Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?

Domain Active Directory Windows Server Microsoft Windows