text recognition software that reads newsgroup messages

Last response: in Networking
June 18, 2005 9:43:26 PM

I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle reading
php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

thanks
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 3:03:45 AM

Nospam wrote:
> I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?
>
> thanks

Whitch OS ?

For linux you have festival, http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 8:21:03 PM

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
"Nospam" <nospam@home.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?

You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).

Cheers
Robert
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:33:25 PM

"Robert Spielmann" <des64NOSPAM@gmx.de> wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
> "Nospam" <nospam@home.com> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?
>
> You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
> the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).
>
> Cheers
> Robert

it's for windows
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:54:35 PM

"Nospam" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message

> "Robert Spielmann" <des64NOSPAM@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:43:26 GMT
> > "Nospam" <nospam@home.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am looking for a text/voice recognition software that can handle
> > > reading php messages in forums, has anybody any recommendations?
> >
> > You mean a TTS (Text to Speech) system. For Linux environments, there is
> > the aforementioned Festival, or MBrola (google it).
> >
> > Cheers
> > Robert
>
> it's for windows

I am using Mbrola, have installed the voice database, however copying and
pasting text into mbroli.exe or phoplayer.exe or mbredit .exe and trying to
read it out loud just causing a crash, saying file "error in line..." is
there something I am doing wrong?
!