MPX220 MMS

Last response: in Network Providers
October 22, 2004 11:36:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.motorola,microsoft.public.smartphone (More info?)

I bought a Motorola MPX220 at Best Buy and am happy with the phone except I
cannot get MMS working. My account is with Cingular. I can receive messages
from another phone, but I cannot send messages. The message goes into the
out folder and then eventually times out. It never gets to the sent folder.
Does anyone have this working? It's not one of the reasons I bought the
phone, but it should work and now it's bugging me. I've spent hours on the
phone with Cingular tech support. They have been very nice, but they don't
have any experience with the phone.

More about : mpx220 mms

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 7:12:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.motorola,microsoft.public.smartphone (More info?)

In <TKGdnU1ZL-rgBOTcRVn-rg@comcast.com> on Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:36:36 -0400,
"Ted L. Tedeschi" <ttedesc@comcast.net> wrote:

>I bought a Motorola MPX220 at Best Buy and am happy with the phone except I
>cannot get MMS working. My account is with Cingular. I can receive messages
>from another phone, but I cannot send messages. The message goes into the
>out folder and then eventually times out. It never gets to the sent folder.
>Does anyone have this working? It's not one of the reasons I bought the
>phone, but it should work and now it's bugging me. I've spent hours on the
>phone with Cingular tech support. They have been very nice, but they don't
>have any experience with the phone.

The MMS settings in the phone probably need to be configured properly.
The Message Server should be: http://mmsc.cingular.com
The WAP profile should be Cingular WAP. Settings:
Type of Connection: GPRS
APN: wap.cingular [must be all lowercase]
User ID: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM [must be all uppercase]
Password: CINGULAR1 [must be all uppercase]

October 23, 2004 5:21:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.motorola,microsoft.public.smartphone (More info?)

Has anyone figured out how to stop getting Text messages when a voicemail
comes in?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 24, 2004 4:57:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.motorola,microsoft.public.smartphone (More info?)

Thanks for the info. The MMS Server, APN, User ID, and password were already
set correctly. I don't know where to set the connection type to GPRS. In the
MPX220 under MMS Settings I have the following settings:

MMSC URL: http://mmsc.cingular.com
WAP Gateway: 66.209.11.61
Port: 9201
Max Sending Size: 300K

Under GPRS Connections I have the following settings:
Connects to: The Internet
Access Point: wap.cingular
User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: (blank)

> In <TKGdnU1ZL-rgBOTcRVn-rg@comcast.com> on Fri, 22 Oct 2004
> 19:36:36 -0400,
> "Ted L. Tedeschi" <ttedesc@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>I bought a Motorola MPX220 at Best Buy and am happy with the phone except
>>cannot get MMS working. My account is with Cingular. I can receive
>>messages
>>from another phone, but I cannot send messages. The message goes into the
>>out folder and then eventually times out. It never gets to the sent
>>folder.
>>Does anyone have this working? It's not one of the reasons I bought the
>>phone, but it should work and now it's bugging me. I've spent hours on the
>>phone with Cingular tech support. They have been very nice, but they don't
>>have any experience with the phone.
>
> The MMS settings in the phone probably need to be configured properly.
> The Message Server should be: http://mmsc.cingular.com
> The WAP profile should be Cingular WAP. Settings:
> Type of Connection: GPRS
> APN: wap.cingular [must be all lowercase]
> User ID: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM [must be all uppercase]
> Password: CINGULAR1 [must be all uppercase]

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 6:20:01 AM

I am also having the exact same problems and neither Cingular or
Motorola is any help. I've spent several hours on the phone with
Cingular, but they don't even know what this phone is. I purchased this
phone for photo blogging and this feature not working is very
aggrivating. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I would really
appreciate it.

--
browngb