Solved

Windows 7 show memory size as 3 25 not6 GB

i have 6gb of RAM on my PC- Win7system properties shows 6gb but 3.25 useable
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows show memory size not6
  1. Are you using 32bit or 64 bit? 32bit can only see around 3.25gb to 3.5gb.
  2. +1

Sounds like you installed 32 bit. If you bought retail you should have both disks though.
  3. +1 for 32 bit OS.
  4. You're using 32 bit Windows 7. You won't be able to address all of your RAM until you back up your data, wipe the drive, and do a clean install of 64 bit Windows 7.
  5. Yup, I concur with everyone else here, you are running 32-bit windows.
  6. Shouldnt this topic be a sticky somewhere? gets asked every day.
  7. Thought instantly from title as well.
  8. I agree - from the title alone, that was my first assumption too. I can't believe it's not a sticky either.
  9. dman220 said:
    Are you using 32bit or 64 bit? 32bit can only see around 3.25gb to 3.5gb.

System properties shows Windows 7

Installed memory (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.25 GB useable)

Sytem type 64-bit Operating System
  10. mi1ez said:
    +1

Sounds like you installed 32 bit. If you bought retail you should have both disks though.

11. atk0309 said:
    +1 for 32 bit OS.

12. First of all, please don't quote each thread and reply in a separate post as you did above. All you're doing there is making yourself look like a jackass.

To answer your question though, see the first post (marked as best answer) from "scotteq" in this thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2095-63-showing-25gb-64bit
  13. The_Prophecy said:
    First of all, please don't quote each thread and reply in a separate post as you did above. All you're doing there is making yourself look like a jackass.

To answer your question though, see the first post (marked as best answer) from "scotteq" in this thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/2095-63-showing-25gb-64bit

Not trying to look like anything- and if that was your perception- than i apologize- just looking for an answer to my question- Thank you.
  14. garzar said:
    Not trying to look like anything- and if that was your perception- than i apologize- just looking for an answer to my question- Thank you.

Was only trying to say it's considered a bit rude to multi-post in the way you did it, that's all.

Did the answer from that thread I linked to, work for you? I'm still curious about this issue...
  15. The_Prophecy said:
    Was only trying to say it's considered a bit rude to multi-post in the way you did it, that's all.

Did the answer from that thread I linked to, work for you? I'm still curious about this issue...

No No - it's cool- no problem- I'm kinda new to these forum things- I'm just not familair with the edict but now I know- "No multi-posting" it can be perceived as being rude- got it.

But the thread/ link you sent me did give me the answer- Thank you - Sir.
  16. Best answer
    Awesome! Glad to hear it worked.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7 RAM Memory