Active Directory and the HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Hi,

I would like to grant a domain group the right to read the registry on
all our PCs.

I know I can execute a script on each Pc which will modify the
permissions on each local registry for each user ... but this solution
has too many drawbacks :
- each user should log in / out
- existing local profiles won't be affected
- ...

I wanted to do this using Group policies but could not find any infos
on this ... :(

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

Arkam
2 answers Last reply
More about active directory hkey_current_user

    You can use a GPO to set permissions in the Registry.

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

    "arkam" <arkam@caramail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to grant a domain group the right to read the registry on
    > all our PCs.
    >
    > I know I can execute a script on each Pc which will modify the
    > permissions on each local registry for each user ... but this solution
    > has too many drawbacks :
    > - each user should log in / out
    > - existing local profiles won't be affected
    > - ...
    >
    > I wanted to do this using Group policies but could not find any infos
    > on this ... :(
    >
    > Can someone help ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Arkam

    Can you give me some links or tips on how to do this or how to find
    more infos on this ?

    Thanks

    "Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" <jimmy_NO_SPAM_@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<e7cHTVRGFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
    > You can use a GPO to set permissions in the Registry.
    >
    > Regards,
    > /Jimmy
    > --
    > Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    > ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
    >

    > "arkam" <arkam@caramail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I would like to grant a domain group the right to read the registry on
    > > all our PCs.
    > >
    > > I know I can execute a script on each Pc which will modify the
    > > permissions on each local registry for each user ... but this solution
    > > has too many drawbacks :
    > > - each user should log in / out
    > > - existing local profiles won't be affected
    > > - ...
    > >
    > > I wanted to do this using Group policies but could not find any infos
    > > on this ... :(
    > >
    > > Can someone help ?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Arkam

Active Directory Microsoft Registry Windows