Active Directory and the HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Hi,

I would like to grant a domain group the right to read the registry on
all our PCs.

I know I can execute a script on each Pc which will modify the
permissions on each local registry for each user ... but this solution
has too many drawbacks :
- each user should log in / out
- existing local profiles won't be affected
- ...

I wanted to do this using Group policies but could not find any infos
on this ... :(

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

Arkam

You can use a GPO to set permissions in the Registry.

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"arkam" <arkam@caramail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to grant a domain group the right to read the registry on
> all our PCs.
>
> I know I can execute a script on each Pc which will modify the
> permissions on each local registry for each user ... but this solution
> has too many drawbacks :
> - each user should log in / out
> - existing local profiles won't be affected
> - ...
>
> I wanted to do this using Group policies but could not find any infos
> on this ... :(
>
> Can someone help ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arkam

Can you give me some links or tips on how to do this or how to find
more infos on this ?

Thanks