Remote Office Set Up

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am going to install a Windows 2000 DC in my remote office. It will be the
only DC there. The pipe connecting the two offices is fat and there is not a
lot of traffic. Can I put the server in place at my remote site and run
dcpromo? Do I have to run AD sites and services and add the second site and
subnets first.

Thanks

> I am going to install a Windows 2000 DC in my remote office. It will be
> the only DC there. The pipe connecting the two offices is fat and there
> is not a lot of traffic. Can I put the server in place at my remote site
> and run dcpromo?

Yes. Doing this is less hassle.

> Do I have to run AD sites and services and add the second site and subnets
> first.

No, but it's always a good idea, otherwise you'll just forget...

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/