Dear Sirahs, N'Wahs, and Dunmers----
I am quite certain that all posters here as well as on other sites have
been playing games for years and years. I know I have. I just wanna say
that that this is the ONLY game I have played that has a philosophical
underpinning. The idea, among many other good ideas, is to enable the
country to prosper and share the wealth. I have come across games that have
cloned this idea, though not to such good effect. ALL other games I have
played seem to neglect this notion of a simple way to develop an area, or
have a really cool finale. I think it would be bitchin' to have a finale
where your character brings together all the end elements and politic the
game to a final higher level. You wind up with all the goodies. You wind up
with all quests completed. One should, at this point, be able to: sponser
new adventurers, have your stronghold a central area, solve the quotidian
problems of the masses, and overall, change the face of Morrowind. The idea
is there, but the game ends too shortly. Comments?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 05:26:17 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>Dear Sirahs, N'Wahs, and Dunmers----
> I am quite certain that all posters here as well as on other sites have
>been playing games for years and years. I know I have. I just wanna say
>that that this is the ONLY game I have played that has a philosophical
>underpinning. The idea, among many other good ideas, is to enable the
>country to prosper and share the wealth. I have come across games that have
>cloned this idea, though not to such good effect. ALL other games I have
>played seem to neglect this notion of a simple way to develop an area, or
>have a really cool finale. I think it would be bitchin' to have a finale
>where your character brings together all the end elements and politic the
>game to a final higher level. You wind up with all the goodies. You wind up
>with all quests completed. One should, at this point, be able to: sponser
>new adventurers, have your stronghold a central area, solve the quotidian
>problems of the masses, and overall, change the face of Morrowind. The idea
>is there, but the game ends too shortly. Comments?

The creators of Morrowind couldn't think of everything, which is why
they added the ability for others to create mods for the game. As long
as people make new and fun mods for Morrowind, the game will never
truely end... And for that, we owe the creators of the mods we use a
debt of gratitude!

Thank You Mod Creators for sharing your many creations with us lesser
but hopefully thankful Beings! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Dennis Curtis wrote:

> Dear Sirahs, N'Wahs, and Dunmers----
> I am quite certain that all posters here as well as on other sites have
> been playing games for years and years. I know I have. I just wanna say
> that that this is the ONLY game I have played that has a philosophical
> underpinning. The idea, among many other good ideas, is to enable the
> country to prosper and share the wealth. I have come across games that have
> cloned this idea, though not to such good effect. ALL other games I have
> played seem to neglect this notion of a simple way to develop an area, or
> have a really cool finale. I think it would be bitchin' to have a finale
> where your character brings together all the end elements and politic the
> game to a final higher level. You wind up with all the goodies. You wind up
> with all quests completed. One should, at this point, be able to: sponser
> new adventurers, have your stronghold a central area, solve the quotidian
> problems of the masses, and overall, change the face of Morrowind. The idea
> is there, but the game ends too shortly. Comments?

Sounds good to me. I would love a UNIFICATION expansion pack.

Hiya--
"ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> Dennis Curtis wrote:
> >
> > Dear Sirahs, N'Wahs, and Dunmers----
> > I am quite certain that all posters here as well as on other sites
have
> > been playing games for years and years. I know I have. I just wanna say
> > that that this is the ONLY game I have played that has a philosophical
> > underpinning. The idea, among many other good ideas, is to enable
the
> > country to prosper and share the wealth. I have come across games that
have
> > cloned this idea, though not to such good effect. ALL other games I
have
> > played seem to neglect this notion of a simple way to develop an area,
or
> > have a really cool finale. I think it would be bitchin' to have a
finale
> > where your character brings together all the end elements and politic
the
> > game to a final higher level. You wind up with all the goodies. You wind
up
> > with all quests completed. One should, at this point, be able to:
sponser
> > new adventurers, have your stronghold a central area, solve the
quotidian
> > problems of the masses, and overall, change the face of Morrowind. The
idea
> > is there, but the game ends too shortly. Comments?
>
> Sounds good to me. I would love a UNIFICATION expansion pack.

Both yours and FTA's comments are quite worthy. I mean, they would not
have to create a whole new game, just UNIFY it, sorta like being a Shiekh,
or a Pasha. Or a sort of wise man/woman with power to do all kinda things
over Morrowind. Some ideas maybe too big for their britches? LOL---

MERLIN

"Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hiya--
> "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> > Dennis Curtis wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Sirahs, N'Wahs, and Dunmers----
> > > I am quite certain that all posters here as well as on other
sites
> have
> > > been playing games for years and years. I know I have. I just wanna
say
> > > that that this is the ONLY game I have played that has a
philosophical
> > > underpinning. The idea, among many other good ideas, is to
enable
> the
> > > country to prosper and share the wealth. I have come across games
that
> have
> > > cloned this idea, though not to such good effect. ALL other games I
> have
> > > played seem to neglect this notion of a simple way to develop an
area,
> or
> > > have a really cool finale. I think it would be bitchin' to have a
> finale
> > > where your character brings together all the end elements and
politic
> the
> > > game to a final higher level. You wind up with all the goodies. You
wind
> up
> > > with all quests completed. One should, at this point, be able to:
> sponser
> > > new adventurers, have your stronghold a central area, solve the
> quotidian
> > > problems of the masses, and overall, change the face of Morrowind.
The
> idea
> > > is there, but the game ends too shortly. Comments?
> >
> > Sounds good to me. I would love a UNIFICATION expansion pack.
>
> Both yours and FTA's comments are quite worthy. I mean, they would
not
> have to create a whole new game, just UNIFY it, sorta like being a
Shiekh,
> or a Pasha. Or a sort of wise man/woman with power to do all kinda
things
> over Morrowind. Some ideas maybe too big for their britches? LOL---

There is a project in progress that will result in a
addon that will do that (sort of)
http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org

merlin

"Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message

> "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Hiya--
> > "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
> > > Dennis Curtis wrote:

Morrowind. Some ideas maybe too big for their britches? LOL---

> There is a project in progress that will result in a
> addon that will do that (sort of)
> http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org
>
> merlin
Merlin-- This sounds very bitchin'. Thanks!-DC

> "Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> > > Hiya--
> > > "ToolPackinMama" <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote in message
>
> Morrowind. Some ideas maybe too big for their britches? LOL---
> > >

> > There is a project in progress that will result in a
> > addon that will do that (sort of)
> > http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org
> >
> > merlin
> Merlin-- This sounds very bitchin'. Thanks!-DC

Only thing:Tamriel rebuilt is trying to create a unified
tamriel world. The project is split into claims (for
landscape areas, building interiors, dungeons etc)
and sub-projects (lore, books, npc'c AND quests)

Your idea, which I wouldn't mind seing realised,
would mean a major work-over and be either a
super quest - or could be split into 'sections'
and made by a group of players under a
moderator, to keep track of it all (just a
thought)

merlin