Why is one color weak?

My Canon i560 prints one color (reds) too weak. The ink tank is full, I
have done the cleaning procedure, and the nozzle check. Any ideas?

The i560 is a really low end printer. You can buy a new IP4000 for
almost the price of a set of carts.

JuanKnighter wrote:

>My Canon i560 prints one color (reds) too weak. The ink tank is full, I
>have done the cleaning procedure, and the nozzle check. Any ideas?

Douglas

And HOW does that answer his question? By the way,the ip4000 is also
considered a lowend printer.Not a bad printer,but not great either!

Douglas wrote:

>And HOW does that answer his question? By the way,the ip4000 is also
>considered a lowend printer.Not a bad printer,but not great either!

The IP4000/5000 is a mid range printer. The IP8500 and i9900 are high
end. The current low end is the IP3000.

>>The i560 is a really low end printer. You can buy a new IP4000 for almost
>>the price of a set of carts.
>>
>>JuanKnighter wrote:
>>

>>>My Canon i560 prints one color (reds) too weak. The ink tank is full, I
>>>have done the cleaning procedure, and the nozzle check. Any ideas?

Douglas

The 3000 is considered "entry level",the 4000 is considered "lower" level
according to Canon!

> Douglas wrote:
>
>>And HOW does that answer his question? By the way,the ip4000 is also
>>considered a lowend printer.Not a bad printer,but not great either!
>>

> The IP4000/5000 is a mid range printer. The IP8500 and i9900 are high
> end. The current low end is the IP3000.
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The i560 is a really low end printer. You can buy a new IP4000 for
>>>almost the price of a set of carts.

Douglas

I thought I had better mention those are the levels assigned in the sales
literarure sent to me from Canon.They also call the 6000 "advanced".The 4000
is a decent printer,at a good price.It is not very well built though.I do
have 3 new ip4000 printers on hand,as well as 2 ip6000 and 1 ip8500,and
several HP and Epson models.I do not have anything against Canon
printers,but they are NOT the answer for all printing needs!
"Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:3eidnTxOCrn7-u_fRVn-qw@centurytel.net...
> The 3000 is considered "entry level",the 4000 is considered "lower" level
> according to Canon!
> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Douglas wrote:
>>
>>>And HOW does that answer his question? By the way,the ip4000 is also
>>>considered a lowend printer.Not a bad printer,but not great either!
>>>

>> The IP4000/5000 is a mid range printer. The IP8500 and i9900 are high
>> end. The current low end is the IP3000.
>>
>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

BURT

Read Neil Slade's site and all its segments-
www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff - there is very good information on
cleaning canon print heads. If you have been pleased with your prints and
can clean the print head there is no reason to purchase a new printer. I am
using an "I" series printer and am very happy with it.

"JuanKnighter" <juanknighter@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My Canon i560 prints one color (reds) too weak. The ink tank is full, I
> have done the cleaning procedure, and the nozzle check. Any ideas?

That is marketing bullshit so they can call the IP5000 something else.
They also do not call the IP4000 a real photo printer but it is.

Douglas wrote:

>I thought I had better mention those are the levels assigned in the sales
>literarure sent to me from Canon.They also call the 6000 "advanced".The 4000
>is a decent printer,at a good price.It is not very well built though.I do
>have 3 new ip4000 printers on hand,as well as 2 ip6000 and 1 ip8500,and
>several HP and Epson models.I do not have anything against Canon
>printers,but they are NOT the answer for all printing needs!

It is built good enough for me. But my HP probably has better and more
hefty construction.

>"Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:3eidnTxOCrn7-u_fRVn-qw@centurytel.net...
>

>>The 3000 is considered "entry level",the 4000 is considered "lower" level
>>according to Canon!
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>The IP4000/5000 is a mid range printer. The IP8500 and i9900 are high
>>>end. The current low end is the IP3000.

> Douglas wrote:
>
>>And HOW does that answer his question? By the way,the ip4000 is also
>>considered a lowend printer.Not a bad printer,but not great either!
>>

> The IP4000/5000 is a mid range printer. The IP8500 and i9900 are high
> end. The current low end is the IP3000.
>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>The i560 is a really low end printer. You can buy a new IP4000 for
>>>almost the price of a set of carts.

What does that make the ip1000 then?

--
Derek

Hi Juan,

When you say reds, do you also find that pinks and blues how any
weakness of color? I'm asking because I believe the i560 uses CMYK ink
color set up, so the ink colors would be cyan (blue green) magenta
(pink) yellow and black. If the magenta head is creating problems it
would alter the reds (making them more orange) the blues, making them
more greenish and the pinks, making them weaker as well.

Has this problem just started recently? Did you change anything else,
like the printer driver, the program you use for image processing, etc?

Art