SysVol Policy Replication

FRS does not report any problems with replication, yet I on one of my servers
the SysVol folder is not up to date. I have a policy that was created
January 31st and has yet to be replicated to my other logon server. I
suspect that changes that have been made to policies as well as one new
policy, are not in sync.

How can I make sure that replication is working, and more importantly, how
can force this replication to take place.?

THanks

Start with this URL if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/fileandprint/file/dfs/tshootfrs.mspx

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Smurfman" <smurfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> FRS does not report any problems with replication, yet I on one of my
> servers
> the SysVol folder is not up to date. I have a policy that was created
> January 31st and has yet to be replicated to my other logon server. I
> suspect that changes that have been made to policies as well as one new
> policy, are not in sync.
>
> How can I make sure that replication is working, and more importantly, how
> can force this replication to take place.?
>
> THanks

I was already looking at the Sonar program, but could not figure out why I
was not getting anything for my DC. Then after looking at the FRS service,
where the state was reporting as a '-' the service was stopped. I started it
and then everything was working just fine.

It also explained why some of my GPO's were not working, since users were
being authenticated by different servers, and some were not seeing the
policies.

(Question. This Sonar program, I see it has a notification feature, should
I install this program on my DC to run every hour and report if there are any
problems? OR should I create a script that generates an email and attach it
to the service for subsequent failures, to execute the program, so that I
know when the service goes down? )

In this case I guess I was un-aware that the FRS had stopped. and the only
File Replication Service entries in the log were from a really long time
ago...but the last reported that everything was okay...any suggestions would
be appreciated.

"Jimmy Andersson [MVP]" wrote:

> Start with this URL if you haven't seen it already.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/fileandprint/file/dfs/tshootfrs.mspx
>
> Regards,
> /Jimmy
> --
> Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
> ---------- www.qadvice.com ----------
>

> "Smurfman" <smurfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > FRS does not report any problems with replication, yet I on one of my
> > servers
> > the SysVol folder is not up to date. I have a policy that was created
> > January 31st and has yet to be replicated to my other logon server. I
> > suspect that changes that have been made to policies as well as one new
> > policy, are not in sync.
> >
> > How can I make sure that replication is working, and more importantly, how
> > can force this replication to take place.?
> >
> > THanks

I would run Sonar on a dedicated member machine (doesn't have to a server).

Regards,
/Jimmy