Tiki, Night Dancer, Arrival in Sedya Neen

Tiki, Night Dancer: Arrival

To the Guildmaster, Rahar

I find myself on the island of Vvardenfell, in a small
fishing village of Sedya Neen, far from home. Why I was
imprison and dumped here is a mystery. But I suppose
this little apprentice is lucky to be alive after the
guild was overrun and plundered by people who just didn't
appreciate an honorable assassin's guild. I send you this
letter in the hopes that the other guildhall is still intact.

For a while, I sat on the steps of the trade hall and counted
my assets: 87 gold, a rusty knife, a nice little ring that
I think belongs to that cute little fellow Fargoth, and....
my wits. And, of course, that charming smile that
sometimes opens doors. I headed into the trade house, and used
that smile--and 80 of my 87 gold--to charm the trademaster
so he'll cut me some good deals. I also heard some promising
rumors: a great ring has been lost in a nearby tomb, a
tax collector is missing, and smugglers are nearby. I decided
to poke around and see what I can find. If nothing else, I
can collect some herbs and crab meat to sell.

The village is small. But folks are very honest, for I can
leave my things lying around without anyone stealing them. I
return the favor, and do not steal their things. Except for
the 25 gold and silver cup in a hollow tree stump, and a shard
axe in another hollow stump. The tax collector's body was nearby,
and it was only a matter of asking around to find his murderer.
The bounty was nice...but I wonder if I did the right thing
in accusing him. The tax collector was, apparently, not well
like. I used the money to buy a mortar and a rather used silver
short sword, and decided to search for the tomb holding Mentor's
Ring in the morning.

At first light, I set out. After killing a few mudcrabs and
collecting mushrooms to make rat poison, I was startled by
a mage falling out of the sky. Mages take magic too lightly.
Idiots! Anyway, I found the ring in Lord Brinn's urn.
I sold the mage's stuff and the rat poison, and had enough to
buy some chitin armor. For I had foolishly decided to take
on the smugglers. If I had not returned the tax collector's ring
to his woman, and if she had not given me two healing potions
in return, and if I did not dodge particularly well, then
this little apprentice would be toasting in somebody's
pot. I am somewhat charred, and somewhat wiser. While I got to
free three slaves, the smuggler's loot was not worth the risk.
Well, that Thief's Ring that was lying among some bones is nice,
but the other stuff was hardly worth carrying back to the trade
house to sell.

I have decided to head to Balmora to find out what the Emperor
wants. On the way out of town, I gave Fargoth back his ring,
and bought a useless ring from an Imperial so he could return home.
Returning home sounds sweet...but I no longer have one to return to.

-Yours truly,
Tiki, the Night Dancer,
formerly apprentice assassin to the former guildhall Ventura

Nice!!
Encore, encore...
--

I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!
- Alceryes