iPhone 5S Rumored for Early 2013 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoverdugo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Well...
That was quick. I was starting to wonder if RaPPLE would leave the preview of the rehash iphone5 until next year. (as in Rotten aPPLE)
Desperate to get money apple?

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Apple is committing suicide. Their image in the past has always come from exclusive products that had high prices. This model creates an idea that having the newest apple device carries with it a certain amount of prestige. By bombing consumers with products, They can not have the newest thing anymore, so the need is broken. Once people break a habit once, it is much easier to break again.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
No isht, the minute I picked up the iphone 5, I thought cheap piece of isht!!! Light, prone to scratch ... sticking with my iphone 4, which is best design, they've made yet.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]adgjlsfhk[/nom]Apple is committing suicide. Their image in the past has always come from exclusive products that had high prices. This model creates an idea that having the newest apple device carries with it a certain amount of prestige. By bombing consumers with products, They can not have the newest thing anymore, so the need is broken. Once people break a habit once, it is much easier to break again.[/citation]

NO they put out an inferior product now they need to fix it. IT's too light, and feels cheap in hand, scratches easily, it's terrible.

[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]No isht, the minute I picked up the iphone 5, I thought cheap piece of isht!!! Light, prone to scratch ... sticking with my iphone 4, which is best design, they've made yet.[/citation]

Think of 3G to 3GS it really is there. Ip4 has nice build quality.

4S is a reasonable step up but not 3G to 3GS

Even as a hater when they launched the 4 I was pretty impressed. those were the olden days when apple still had the haze of perfection over everyone including me as a hater

Ip5 is not a very solid build and the software is really buggy (for apple but near perfect if built by another company)

5S will be a harder

baconeater

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
[citation][nom]acadia11[/nom]NO they put out an inferior product now they need to fix it. IT's too light, and feels cheap in hand, scratches easily, it's terrible.[/citation]

I own a Samsung galaxy S3. Is that cheap also? cause it's not even aluminum, it's plastic and very light. It scratches like a knife on warm butter. And the back plate is as flimsy as a gum wrapper. All phones are getting thinner and lighter? now it's ap problem ?

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Due to the fragility of the former's parts that are used to create the handset, a considerable proportion break before they're shipped.

Weak as PISS!

Thomas Creel

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
Would prefer if they iPhone 6 came out first, then when the iPhne 5s came out no one would buy it. The iphone 5 is so useless, same thing as the 4 version.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Was highly debating on moving from my 4S to a Nexus device next fall. The release of a "5s" would only guarantee the switch, for me.

G

Apple is a trendy phone... it's a phone for those who have little to no knowledge of technology. It's what you get now for your spoiled kids or your out-of-touch parents and grandparents. Apple is riding the bandwagon of these fanboys who have no idea there are equal and better products out there. Most feel the transition to a new OS or phone is too complicated, so they stick with the user friendly dinosaur we all call iPhone / iPad. Apple will continue to feed these naive people who stand in line on release day to be the first person to get a pile of crap. They are laughing to the bank and releasing subpar products to only flood the market months later with a slightly better product. The iPad-mini is a perfect example. They could of put a retna display in it, but didn't! Watch as the next model will be pegged as highly-improved. Apple has lost all respect. It cost a nickle to produce these plastic covers and rubber cases, but lets charge $40 and screw the people. Everyone do yourself a favor and stop buying from Apple. (just my 2 cents)

[citation][nom]baconeater[/nom]I own a Samsung galaxy S3. Is that cheap also? cause it's not even aluminum, it's plastic and very light. It scratches like a knife on warm butter. And the back plate is as flimsy as a gum wrapper. All phones are getting thinner and lighter? now it's ap problem ?[/citation]

For what it's worth, a friend of mine dropped her brand new S3 down some stairs shortly after she got it and shattered the glass face quite nicely. My iPhone 4 has only some scuff marks from wear and tear despite being kicked around quite a bit.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Pinhedd[/nom]For what it's worth, a friend of mine dropped her brand new S3 down some stairs shortly after she got it and shattered the glass face quite nicely. My iPhone 4 has only some scuff marks from wear and tear despite being kicked around quite a bit.[/citation]

No modern phone with that screen size would survive a drop like that. The glass is simply too thin for the size of it, even if it is gorilla glass.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]No modern phone with that screen size would survive a drop like that. The glass is simply too thin for the size of it, even if it is gorilla glass.[/citation]
Pretty much depends on how it drops, and on to what. A small pebble on a hard surface will break any screen if the phone drops face down.

Status
Not open for further replies.