Sign in with
Your question

100% date on Conroe?When?

Last response: in CPUs
July 8, 2006 7:54:31 PM

When can you get conroe 100 % which exact date will it be able to be bought

And will you be able to get one like a week after?

More about : 100 date conroe

July 8, 2006 8:02:34 PM

I am 100% sure by Christmas you should be able to attain one...

If you have enough drive and desire, you should be able to receive one within the first week or so of August... If you pre-order now...
But I do suspect many will come here to biatch, who will try to order one a day or two after launch and find them sold out, but expect restocking shipments rapidly, for this looks to be one of the largest hard launches in tech history....
July 8, 2006 8:24:52 PM

Xmas sounds about right. Systems will be sooner through Dell but CPUs will take awhile. Unless Dell decides to sell some.
Related resources
July 8, 2006 8:55:58 PM

With high demand you should still be able to get it before christmas.
July 8, 2006 8:59:11 PM

Wouldn't that give you a woody, to reach under the tree, open a box...and find that Santa has given you a nice shiny brand new E6700. :p 
a c 159 à CPUs
July 8, 2006 9:21:25 PM

If you can get one, I would ebay it for some quick dough. That would be my first item sold on ebay. All this hype for a 20% performance gain. I expect only high end e6700 will show up first for venders. I would gladly wait a few more months if I could make a tidy profit.
July 8, 2006 9:30:35 PM

are you guys serious by xmas

You have to crazy i need a pc this months i think after the first shipment in 2 weeks another one will come

It cant be that bad
July 8, 2006 9:44:25 PM

and where can i pre order conroe E6600 and by what time will i get it?
July 8, 2006 10:16:24 PM

Quote:

You have to crazy i need a pc this months i think after the first shipment in 2 weeks another one will come

It cant be that bad

Intel has stated that only 40% of their shipments will be Core 2 in Jan07.
July 8, 2006 10:27:57 PM

Pre order?

Try Froogle :D 

"Intel Core 2 Duo" E

Looks like a site by TankGuys are taking Pre Orders but no ETA:

Quote:
1 - We do not have a definite ETA from our suppliers, and cannot guarantee a ship date.

We have hundreds of these on order, from many different suppliers. We should have them at/before launch, and we will ship as soon as humanly possible. Please note, however, that we are at the mercy of the supply chain here, and we do not want to promise a certain date, and be unable to meet it. So, all we can say is that we will ship as soon as we possibly can.
July 8, 2006 11:10:17 PM

Quote:

It cant be that bad

But you realize that 25% of Intel's CPU shipments is more production of Conroes than AMD has in its entire production!
So why are you not screaming that you will not be able to get an AM2 processor??? BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE DESIRE TO PAY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THEM, AND THEY WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR THIER CONROE SHIPMENTS SINCE THEY OWN THE MARKET AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE CPU'S ARE CONCERNED! :roll: :lol:  :lol:  :p 
a b à CPUs
July 9, 2006 12:07:03 AM

Quote:

It cant be that bad

But you realize that 25% of Intel's CPU shipments is more production of Conroes than AMD has in its entire production!
So why are you not screaming that you will not be able to get an AM2 processor??? BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE DESIRE TO PAY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THEM, AND THEY WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR THIER CONROE SHIPMENTS SINCE THEY OWN THE MARKET AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE CPU'S ARE CONCERNED! :roll: :lol:  :lol:  :p 

Abit of a stupid statement..really. Conroe2 will be LIMITED this year only the LARGEST companies will get them like dell and others, mostly for systems, not selling just a cpu. 70% of THIS YEAR will be Pentium D cpus. guess how much for mobiles, xeons, conroe, celeron, conroe2, etc will make in the percentage. Full production for conroe 2 has been stated for NEXT YEAR. For the morons that just don't "get it", that means paper launch this year, only a few systems with conroe 2 will be sold to end users, business gets first dibs (about all of them). Now guess how much demand will be for the LIMITED cpu, demand drives price. Now guess how much the cpu will be.... Now.. do you really want one now if you got lucky?

Best time to get one is next year when there are enough cpus to cover demand.
July 9, 2006 12:08:55 AM

Quote:

It doesn't matter 'cause if you haven't pre-ordered one by now, you ain't gettin' one for at least another couple months.
July 9, 2006 12:18:24 AM

you do realize that .00001% of the worlds population are the only people that even cares about hardware and upgrades and .001% of those people will care to upgrade to conroe.

It is highly anticipated, sure, but only to enthusiests which make up .00001% of the worlds population.

You make it sound like its some uber thing and everyone in the world will want it.

Trust me - there will be plenty to go around. It's not like its a xbox or playstation. No one cares about processors as much as you want to believe. Especially after being brainwashed into thinking the bigger the number the better.

Quote:

It doesn't matter 'cause if you haven't pre-ordered one by now, you ain't gettin' one for at least another couple months.
July 9, 2006 12:20:19 AM

all speculation. you don't have a clue otherwise and no facts to back up your statement.

Quote:

It cant be that bad

Abit of a stupid statement..really. Conroe2 will be LIMITED this year only the LARGEST companies will get them like dell and others, mostly for systems, not selling just a cpu. 70% of THIS YEAR will be Pentium D cpus. guess how much for mobiles, xeons, conroe, celeron, conroe2, etc will make in the percentage. Full production for conroe 2 has been stated for NEXT YEAR. For the morons that just don't "get it", that means paper launch this year, only a few systems with conroe 2 will be sold to end users, business gets first dibs (about all of them). Now guess how much demand will be for the LIMITED cpu, demand drives price. Now guess how much the cpu will be.... Now.. do you really want one now if you got lucky?

Best time to get one is next year when there are enough cpus to cover demand.
July 9, 2006 12:29:45 AM

Quote:
all speculation. you don't have a clue otherwise and no facts to back up your statement.

LOL. And just where are your facts?

No one knows for sure if there will be shortages. However, rarely do places like Newegg.com start taking pre-orders for stuff a month in advance if they don't anticipate shortages. Every major online retailer worth its salt has been taking Conroe pre-orders.

And computertech is right, the largest quantities will (and already have) go to OEM's like Dell. Places like newegg get the scraps.

Tell you what, if I can go to newegg.com on the day of Conroe's launch and buy an IN STOCK Conroe, i'll give you a nice big chocolate chip cookie.
July 9, 2006 12:32:09 AM

Quote:
Tell you what, if I can go to newegg.com on the day of Conroe's launch and buy an IN STOCK Conroe, i'll give you a nice big chocolate chip cookie.

Well thats not a fair bet.
July 9, 2006 12:35:23 AM

Quote:

Well, NewEgg doesn't sell cookies.. but hay.. I found this:

VillaWare V5375 Power Cookie Press

It can make up to 800 cookies on a single charge!!

:oops:  . o O (That is if he lost the bet, he could make.... oh, nm)
July 9, 2006 12:39:27 AM

my facts? it's being released this month thats a fact. The rest is being optimistic.

Mean while you're stating new information with nothing to back up anything you say.

That's the difference. You're playing the fear mongering game. Which annoys the crap out of me.

Quote:

LOL. And just where are your facts?

No one knows for sure if there will be shortages. However, rarely do places like Newegg.com start taking pre-orders for stuff a month in advance if they don't anticipate shortages. Every major online retailer worth its salt has been taking Conroe pre-orders.

And computertech is right, the largest quantities will (and already have) go to OEM's like Dell. Places like newegg get the scraps.

July 9, 2006 12:42:00 AM

Quote:

Well, NewEgg doesn't sell cookies.. but hay.. I found this:

VillaWare V5375 Power Cookie Press

It can make up to 800 cookies on a single charge!!

:oops:  . o O (Nm) Lol grimmy that came out of nowhere nice job i did'nt know that they sold that maybe i should go get one so when i'm working on a comp with a hot prescott i just open up the case stick some cookie dough on the heatsink and wait 10 minutes for a nice hot cookie fresh off the prescott.
July 9, 2006 1:02:37 AM

Hope for the worst. Maybe a delay by a week or two.
July 9, 2006 1:40:05 AM

i think so too it will be available when it will come out not everybody will want to get Conroe

Of course its very good for the price but i dont think its going to be so crazy when the xbox 360 came out in december or w/e after 2 months it was everywhere and xbox 360 has gpu cpu memory and all that stuff and this is only a processor conroe only one thing

Might get a delay and wont be able to buy at the first shipment but in the next shipment in 2 weeks or w/e there will be plenty and least that is what i think and hope for because i need a new system soon
July 9, 2006 1:49:41 AM

Quote:

I was just informing him. That will be a factor in availability in retail for several months.
July 9, 2006 2:23:08 AM

Whilst that is a best case scenario they do have to make other 65nm chips as well. But no doubt they're making assloads of them.
July 9, 2006 2:27:26 AM

Quote:

I was just informing him. That will be a factor in availability in retail for several months.

I have a what if scenario ---

What if Intel loaded all 3 factories with Core 2 duo over the past 3 months, at say 15,000 WSPM per fab (standard month in industry speak is actually 5 weeks, so that is about 3000 WSPW) .... how many processors would that be assuming 8 weeks from starts to packaging....

At a die size of roughly 150 mm^2, this comes to 471 die. Take away say 15% to account for partial edge die, so about 400 die per wafer, say they yield 60% of those good. So this is 240 working die per wafer, so in 1 week one fab will produce 0.7 million working die. If 3 months ago they started this volume, then roughly 4 weeks ago the first 0.7 million die came off the line (this is for one fab). So now 4 weeks later that is 4x0.7x3 = 8.64 million die ready for launch. Now, most of those will go to Dell, HP, Acer, i.e. teir 1 in the first week of launch, thus it would take a week or two to produce another 3 to 4 million die. Wow how it adds up, but this is the advantage of a small die with 300 mm wafers. This is just a what if scenario, but Intel certainly has the capacity to supply the launch with a decent burst of product.

AMD will enjoy this productivity too, just not until well into 2007.

I have no idea. Do you remember seeing that from Intel - I mean that they will have 40% Core 2 in Jan. They realize that with the perf/watt pressure AMD put on them will make it more difficult for them to unload P4. Core 2's power specs make it even harder to get rid of old stock.

With 12 fabs they can surely churn out more Core 2 but that means that either they HAVE to stop P4 production or take a real hit on chips that only end up returned.

In this case Intel is competing more with themselves than AMD.
July 9, 2006 5:30:28 AM

Ya, depending on the success of conroe/woodcrest/merom they can scale production and as you said they have that nice buffer.
July 9, 2006 5:42:42 AM

Quote:
Ya, depending on the success of conroe/woodcrest/merom they can scale production and as you said they have that nice buffer.

Ultimately it will depend on yields, with 3 fabs totally over 750, 000 sq ft of cleanroom space I don't think capacity is an issue as much as how healthy the product is. Jack how many conroe's do you think they can produce a day?
July 9, 2006 5:54:28 AM

Quote:

Maybe at the next analyst meeting BaronMatrix can ask that question :) 
Now thats post of the day. :trophy: Goodnight jack i gotta get some sleep good night all on this late.
July 9, 2006 5:57:53 AM

Quote:
Maybe at the next analyst meeting BaronMatrix can ask that question

Don't you mean we can ask BM at the next analyst meeting? :) 
July 9, 2006 6:08:31 AM

Quote:

This is something I have been searching for since I have been interesting in process technologies --- what the samhill are the yields at Intel and AMD.

Good luck getting this information. I am pretty sure these are both highly confidential secrets for both AMD and Intel. There is a reason they do not publish these.
July 9, 2006 7:05:38 AM

I should add it was stolen from the other but funny regardless.
July 9, 2006 8:31:23 AM

Quote:
Xmas sounds about right. Systems will be sooner through Dell but CPUs will take awhile. Unless Dell decides to sell some.

I am looking at my calendar, then my watch thinking man it must be Xmas because I found this:

http://www.eastluna.com/hardware/details.php?id=1954
In Stock

(** Only teasing -- they only have 7)I wonder why they are saying it's in stock, yet they don't show a picture of the box(which would
have all us geeks pitching tents) as they have with the 965EE and 960D? I imagine they haven't had a chance to get a pic yet, but it would surely make it seem more definite. :?

PS. $1172....ouch.
July 9, 2006 9:52:10 AM

Quote:
Hehe.

I saw this at 12:03 AM PDT -- therefore it is a new day.

Tada!!!

:trophy: Post of the day :) 

This was toooooo funny.

Haha.... definitely good stuff.... but i dont think the AMD/Intel yields will be that easy to find.... hopefully they are higher than 50% though.... it would be a shame wasting 1/2 of a product due to defects. That would be very unfortunate and the company would need to put a much higher emphasis on yield.
July 9, 2006 2:56:22 PM

Quote:
you do realize that .00001% of the worlds population are the only people that even cares about hardware and upgrades and .001% of those people will care to upgrade to conroe.

It is highly anticipated, sure, but only to enthusiests which make up .00001% of the worlds population.

You make it sound like its some uber thing and everyone in the world will want it.

Trust me - there will be plenty to go around. It's not like its a xbox or playstation. No one cares about processors as much as you want to believe. Especially after being brainwashed into thinking the bigger the number the better.

That is what i'm thinking, i doubt Intel will release a product that won't be availble, i think they need to have as many things go right as possible. Their stock is not the healthiest.
!