100% date on Conroe?When?

RichPLS

Champion
I am 100% sure by Christmas you should be able to attain one...

If you have enough drive and desire, you should be able to receive one within the first week or so of August... If you pre-order now...
But I do suspect many will come here to biatch, who will try to order one a day or two after launch and find them sold out, but expect restocking shipments rapidly, for this looks to be one of the largest hard launches in tech history....

If you can get one, I would ebay it for some quick dough. That would be my first item sold on ebay. All this hype for a 20% performance gain. I expect only high end e6700 will show up first for venders. I would gladly wait a few more months if I could make a tidy profit.

TheGodfather

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
are you guys serious by xmas

You have to crazy i need a pc this months i think after the first shipment in 2 weeks another one will come

It cant be that bad

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Pre order?

Try Froogle :D

"Intel Core 2 Duo" E

Looks like a site by TankGuys are taking Pre Orders but no ETA:

1 - We do not have a definite ETA from our suppliers, and cannot guarantee a ship date.

We have hundreds of these on order, from many different suppliers. We should have them at/before launch, and we will ship as soon as humanly possible. Please note, however, that we are at the mercy of the supply chain here, and we do not want to promise a certain date, and be unable to meet it. So, all we can say is that we will ship as soon as we possibly can.

RichPLS

Champion

You have to crazy i need a pc this months i think after the first shipment in 2 weeks another one will come

It cant be that bad

Intel has stated that only 40% of their shipments will be Core 2 in Jan07.

But you realize that 25% of Intel's CPU shipments is more production of Conroes than AMD has in its entire production!
So why are you not screaming that you will not be able to get an AM2 processor??? BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE DESIRE TO PAY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THEM, AND THEY WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR THIER CONROE SHIPMENTS SINCE THEY OWN THE MARKET AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE CPU'S ARE CONCERNED! :roll: :lol: :lol: :p

It cant be that bad

But you realize that 25% of Intel's CPU shipments is more production of Conroes than AMD has in its entire production!
So why are you not screaming that you will not be able to get an AM2 processor??? BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE DESIRE TO PAY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR THEM, AND THEY WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR THIER CONROE SHIPMENTS SINCE THEY OWN THE MARKET AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE CPU'S ARE CONCERNED! :roll: :lol: :lol: :p

Abit of a stupid statement..really. Conroe2 will be LIMITED this year only the LARGEST companies will get them like dell and others, mostly for systems, not selling just a cpu. 70% of THIS YEAR will be Pentium D cpus. guess how much for mobiles, xeons, conroe, celeron, conroe2, etc will make in the percentage. Full production for conroe 2 has been stated for NEXT YEAR. For the morons that just don't "get it", that means paper launch this year, only a few systems with conroe 2 will be sold to end users, business gets first dibs (about all of them). Now guess how much demand will be for the LIMITED cpu, demand drives price. Now guess how much the cpu will be.... Now.. do you really want one now if you got lucky?

Best time to get one is next year when there are enough cpus to cover demand.

mpjesse

Splendid
When can you get conroe 100 % which exact date will it be able to be bought

And will you be able to get one like a week after?

It doesn't matter 'cause if you haven't pre-ordered one by now, you ain't gettin' one for at least another couple months.

you do realize that .00001% of the worlds population are the only people that even cares about hardware and upgrades and .001% of those people will care to upgrade to conroe.

It is highly anticipated, sure, but only to enthusiests which make up .00001% of the worlds population.

You make it sound like its some uber thing and everyone in the world will want it.

Trust me - there will be plenty to go around. It's not like its a xbox or playstation. No one cares about processors as much as you want to believe. Especially after being brainwashed into thinking the bigger the number the better.

When can you get conroe 100 % which exact date will it be able to be bought

And will you be able to get one like a week after?

It doesn't matter 'cause if you haven't pre-ordered one by now, you ain't gettin' one for at least another couple months.

all speculation. you don't have a clue otherwise and no facts to back up your statement.

It cant be that bad

Abit of a stupid statement..really. Conroe2 will be LIMITED this year only the LARGEST companies will get them like dell and others, mostly for systems, not selling just a cpu. 70% of THIS YEAR will be Pentium D cpus. guess how much for mobiles, xeons, conroe, celeron, conroe2, etc will make in the percentage. Full production for conroe 2 has been stated for NEXT YEAR. For the morons that just don't "get it", that means paper launch this year, only a few systems with conroe 2 will be sold to end users, business gets first dibs (about all of them). Now guess how much demand will be for the LIMITED cpu, demand drives price. Now guess how much the cpu will be.... Now.. do you really want one now if you got lucky?

Best time to get one is next year when there are enough cpus to cover demand.

mpjesse

Splendid
all speculation. you don't have a clue otherwise and no facts to back up your statement.

LOL. And just where are your facts?

No one knows for sure if there will be shortages. However, rarely do places like Newegg.com start taking pre-orders for stuff a month in advance if they don't anticipate shortages. Every major online retailer worth its salt has been taking Conroe pre-orders.

And computertech is right, the largest quantities will (and already have) go to OEM's like Dell. Places like newegg get the scraps.

Tell you what, if I can go to newegg.com on the day of Conroe's launch and buy an IN STOCK Conroe, i'll give you a nice big chocolate chip cookie.

my facts? it's being released this month thats a fact. The rest is being optimistic.

Mean while you're stating new information with nothing to back up anything you say.

That's the difference. You're playing the fear mongering game. Which annoys the crap out of me.

LOL. And just where are your facts?

No one knows for sure if there will be shortages. However, rarely do places like Newegg.com start taking pre-orders for stuff a month in advance if they don't anticipate shortages. Every major online retailer worth its salt has been taking Conroe pre-orders.

And computertech is right, the largest quantities will (and already have) go to OEM's like Dell. Places like newegg get the scraps.

Tell you what, if I can go to newegg.com on the day of Conroe's launch and buy an IN STOCK Conroe, i'll give you a nice big chocolate chip cookie.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

Well thats not a fair bet.

Well, NewEgg doesn't sell cookies.. but hay.. I found this:

VillaWare V5375 Power Cookie Press

It can make up to 800 cookies on a single charge!!

:oops: . o O (Nm) Lol grimmy that came out of nowhere nice job i did'nt know that they sold that maybe i should go get one so when i'm working on a comp with a hot prescott i just open up the case stick some cookie dough on the heatsink and wait 10 minutes for a nice hot cookie fresh off the prescott.

TheGodfather

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
i think so too it will be available when it will come out not everybody will want to get Conroe

Of course its very good for the price but i dont think its going to be so crazy when the xbox 360 came out in december or w/e after 2 months it was everywhere and xbox 360 has gpu cpu memory and all that stuff and this is only a processor conroe only one thing

Might get a delay and wont be able to buy at the first shipment but in the next shipment in 2 weeks or w/e there will be plenty and least that is what i think and hope for because i need a new system soon