Group policy and password never expires

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 24, 2005 10:13:11 AM

Hi,

Lets say I have a windows 2003 domain controller and I configure a complex
password policy and the group policy states that the password expires every
30 days. I go into a user account under Active Directory users and computers,
find the user account, select properties and click the check box that says
"password never expires". Which setting takes the final effect, the group
policy or the user's proprties setting?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanking You
Elvis
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:52:17 PM

Password never expires on that particular account will be the result.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Elvis" <Elvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D DC94F64-4AFE-4876-B046-C6B3DAC81174@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Lets say I have a windows 2003 domain controller and I configure a complex
> password policy and the group policy states that the password expires
> every
> 30 days. I go into a user account under Active Directory users and
> computers,
> find the user account, select properties and click the check box that says
> "password never expires". Which setting takes the final effect, the group
> policy or the user's proprties setting?
> All help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanking You
> Elvis
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 8:06:18 PM

The users property setting in this instance.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/