Group policy and password never expires

Hi,

Lets say I have a windows 2003 domain controller and I configure a complex
password policy and the group policy states that the password expires every
30 days. I go into a user account under Active Directory users and computers,
find the user account, select properties and click the check box that says
"password never expires". Which setting takes the final effect, the group
policy or the user's proprties setting?
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanking You
Elvis
2 answers Last reply
More about group policy password expires

    Password never expires on that particular account will be the result.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Elvis" <Elvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lets say I have a windows 2003 domain controller and I configure a complex
    > password policy and the group policy states that the password expires
    > every
    > 30 days. I go into a user account under Active Directory users and
    > computers,
    > find the user account, select properties and click the check box that says
    > "password never expires". Which setting takes the final effect, the group
    > policy or the user's proprties setting?
    > All help is greatly appreciated.
    > Thanking You
    > Elvis

    The users property setting in this instance.

    --

    Paul Williams

    http://www.msresource.net/
    http://forums.msresource.net/

    "Elvis" <Elvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hi,

    Lets say I have a windows 2003 domain controller and I configure a complex
    password policy and the group policy states that the password expires every
    30 days. I go into a user account under Active Directory users and
    computers,
    find the user account, select properties and click the check box that says
    "password never expires". Which setting takes the final effect, the group
    policy or the user's proprties setting?
    All help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanking You
    Elvis

Policy Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Windows