Desktop Icons

I am setting up the desktop for Kindergarten and 1st grade classes at our
school. I have roaming profiles implemented along with a group policy. It
seems to be working fine but there is one item I can not accomplish. For
these grades I want only Paint and Microsoft word icons to be displayed on
the desktop. I currently have My Computer, the Trash Bin and Outlook. I
deleted everything from the All\Users profile but I'm left with those icons
and can not find anything within the Group policy that will allow me to not
display them or where they can be deleted from.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Tracy,
Have a look at the policy settings below,

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Remove My Computer icon
on the desktop

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Remove Recycle Bin icon
from desktop

In order to remove/hide the Outlook Icon from the desktop, you may have a
look at the Administative Templates included in the Office Resource Kit,
Download the Office Resource Kit for the particular Office version you use
from Microsoft.com.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson