PC not joining domain when "DNS suffix for this connection..

Hi,
I have a sitaution where my WIndows XP Pro machiens do not join the domain
when the DNS suffix for this connection setting is set to some other DNS
host name (not the domain FQDN). Even deleting the host name does not solve
the problem.

Any idea what this might be?
Thanks,

Why are you using a connection-specific suffix that is different to the AD
namespace? Are you trying intentionally trying to use a disjointed
namespace? If so, there's a couple of tweaks you need to do depending on
the version of the DCs.

What version of Windows are the DCs running at?

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/