Only he stands there question

Hello.

Ashamed as I am to admit this. I am lvl 12 with low "interpersonal skills"
(surprise!) and I just am venturing into doing the Mage Guild quests. I
cannot convince Only He Stands There to stop his unsanctioned training. Any
hints.

In article <I40zc.12188$uX2.11593@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Josh Ryan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Ashamed as I am to admit this. I am lvl 12 with low "interpersonal skills"
> (surprise!) and I just am venturing into doing the Mage Guild quests. I
> cannot convince Only He Stands There to stop his unsanctioned training. Any
> hints.

Well...I covered for him...brother of the guild and all.

Josh Ryan wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Ashamed as I am to admit this. I am lvl 12 with low "interpersonal skills"
> (surprise!) and I just am venturing into doing the Mage Guild quests. I
> cannot convince Only He Stands There to stop his unsanctioned training. Any
> hints.

You only need to talk to him about the "unsanctioned training" topic and
he'll give you a few choices. pick one and follow it up. thats how it's
always been with me, no persuading or anything.

-M

AJ

Ryan wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Ashamed as I am to admit this. I am lvl 12 with low "interpersonal
skills"
> > (surprise!) and I just am venturing into doing the Mage Guild quests. I
> > cannot convince Only He Stands There to stop his unsanctioned training.
Any
> > hints.

> Well...I covered for him...brother of the guild and all.

Aye, he seemed like an honest man to me and I did not see any reason to end
his life for simply training a skill to people. So I helped him out a bit.

Josh Ryan wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Ashamed as I am to admit this. I am lvl 12 with low "interpersonal skills"
> (surprise!) and I just am venturing into doing the Mage Guild quests. I
> cannot convince Only He Stands There to stop his unsanctioned training. Any
> hints.

You can go back to the Mages Guild and report success
anyway, because one of the options offered, when talking
to the quest giver is to lie. ;-)