Popup blockers and Group Policies

Hi,

Many users have installed Pop up blockers on their PC running XP Pro with
SP2, in our AD environment on Win2k servers. Certian in house applications
are not able to run on these PCs due this Popup blockers ( no standard
vendor).

Is there a way we can override these popup blocker using Group Policies?

Rajeev

Use the Group Policy Management Console, drill down to Computer
Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\
and you will see 'Pop-up allow list'
that should do it for you.

AJ, MCSE

"A. J. Davis" wrote:
> Use the Group Policy Management Console, drill down to
> Computer
> ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows
> ComponentsInternet Explorer
> and you will see 'Pop-up allow list'
> that should do it for you.
>
> AJ, MCSE
>
> "Rajeev Agarwal" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Many users have installed Pop up blockers on their PC
> running XP Pro with
> > SP2, in our AD environment on Win2k servers. Certian in
> house applications
> > are not able to run on these PCs due this Popup blockers (
> no standard
> > vendor).
> >
> > Is there a way we can override these popup blocker using
> Group Policies?
> >
> > Rajeev

Hi,

Thanks for that. It may only work with Windows XP SP2 pop-up blocker
though but that is the one causing me the headache.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Popup-blockers-Group-Policies-ftopict271722.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=857376

Oh yes, I read the original posting wrong. GPOs will fix the SP2 popup
blocker; but indeed, any 3rd party we can't control. Suggestion, make them
remove what they installed and then don't allow them to install anymore (take
away rights...)

AJ, MCSE

"lforbes" wrote:

> "A. J. Davis" wrote:
> > Use the Group Policy Management Console, drill down to
> > Computer
> > ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows
> > ComponentsInternet Explorer
> > and you will see 'Pop-up allow list'
> > that should do it for you.
> >
> > AJ, MCSE
> >
> > "Rajeev Agarwal" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Many users have installed Pop up blockers on their PC
> > running XP Pro with
> > > SP2, in our AD environment on Win2k servers. Certian in
> > house applications
> > > are not able to run on these PCs due this Popup blockers (
> > no standard
> > > vendor).
> > >
> > > Is there a way we can override these popup blocker using
> > Group Policies?
> > >
> > > Rajeev
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for that. It may only work with Windows XP SP2 pop-up blocker
> though but that is the one causing me the headache.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Active-Directory-Popup-blockers-Group-Policies-ftopict271722.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=857376