New User Logon

Hello Everyone,

I'm a bit lost.

I am an admin to a domain in which i did not setup.

On windows 2k machines, if i created a new user and logged into windows 2k
for the first time, my users profile would be created... upon shutdown the
roaming profile was loaded to the server with correct settings... desktop
backround, start menu settings, network printers and so on.

Now that I have fully upgraded my clients to windows xp, when a new user is
created all these settings aren't pulled down properly. No set backround...
it's default XP... no group policied start menu, default XP... and no
network printers load.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how i need to fix it. I'm really
confused.

Do i need to upgrade my group policies on my windows 2k server for XP
settings?

I would appreciate any help... thanks in advance.

Sonny

Have you just upgraded your workstations or have you changed the domain
membership?

Are these the same user accounts? Are the user accounts still configured
with the roaming profiles?

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

Still using roaming profiles... and these are the same user accounts.
However, the issue is with creating new accounts... i have a local GP on the
machines for xp to 'wait for roaming profile' and the win2k profiles copy
fine.

i installed New computers, so i dumped the old client machines, no longer on
the network, however they worked fine when they were. By that, I mean I can
use an old machine to create the users profile, whereas on the XP I cannot.

I do not believed I changed the Domain Membership, I'll have to look further
into that.

Thanks

Sonny