Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP G85 Inkjet printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 1, 2005 1:43:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much
posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one and
just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete

More about : g85 inkjet printer

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 1, 2005 5:19:00 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.

Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance going
to Canon.



Pete wrote:

>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much
>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one and
>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>
>
>
>
May 1, 2005 7:25:27 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy you are

Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
manufacturers cartridges.
Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right equipment
(professionals use this equipment)..
Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and accommodate
refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill those.
Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply made an
observation which is well worth considering.

Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are exceptions, their
quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than some. The
reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you use it
regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with this
model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with a
printer and or manufacturer that you trust.

Tony

measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>
>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance going
>to Canon.
>
>
>
>Pete wrote:
>
>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much
>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one and
>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>>
>>
>>
>>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 1, 2005 5:18:26 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Tony wrote:

>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy you are
>
>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
>manufacturers cartridges.
>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right equipment
>(professionals use this equipment)..
>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and accommodate
>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
>


Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
westink. Happy hawking.

>those.
>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply made an
>observation which is well worth considering.
>
>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are exceptions, their
>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than some. The
>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you use it
>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with this
>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with a
>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
>
>Tony
>
>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>>
>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance going
>>to Canon.
>>
>>
>>
>>Pete wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much
>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one and
>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
May 1, 2005 7:47:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19 years
and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
print head problems. He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He said
some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get parts
for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old. He said his average cost
to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought both
my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo quality
is excellent. Pete
"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> Tony wrote:
>
> >Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy you
are
> >
> >Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
> >manufacturers cartridges.
> >Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right equipment
> >(professionals use this equipment)..
> >Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
accommodate
> >refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
> >
>
>
> Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
> westink. Happy hawking.
>
> >those.
> >Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
> >cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
> >I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply made
an
> >observation which is well worth considering.
> >
> >Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are exceptions,
their
> >quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than some.
The
> >reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
use it
> >regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with
this
> >model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with a
> >printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
> >
> >Tony
> >
> >measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
> >>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
> >>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
> >>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
> >>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
> >>
> >>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance going
> >>to Canon.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>Pete wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much
> >>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one
and
> >>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >
> >
> >
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 1, 2005 9:07:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Pete wrote:

>Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19 years
>and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
>print head problems.
>

Injet Consumer Printers are made today so that it is totally not
economical to repair them. When they break just get another. As for
Canon you have a choice. You can overpay for a new user installable
printhead to just get the newest latest model.

>He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
>to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He said
>some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get parts
>for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old.
>

The same holds true for the lower priced consumer laser printers.

>He said his average cost
>to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought both
>my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo quality
>is excellent. Pete
>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
>>Tony wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy you
>>>
>>>
>are
>
>
>>>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
>>>manufacturers cartridges.
>>>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right equipment
>>>(professionals use this equipment)..
>>>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
>>>
>>>
>accommodate
>
>
>>>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
>>westink. Happy hawking.
>>
>>
>>
>>>those.
>>>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
>>>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
>>>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply made
>>>
>>>
>an
>
>
>>>observation which is well worth considering.
>>>
>>>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are exceptions,
>>>
>>>
>their
>
>
>>>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than some.
>>>
>>>
>The
>
>
>>>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
>>>
>>>
>use it
>
>
>>>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with
>>>
>>>
>this
>
>
>>>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with a
>>>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
>>>
>>>Tony
>>>
>>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
>>>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>>>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>>>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>>>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>>>>
>>>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance going
>>>>to Canon.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Pete wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much
>>>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one
>>>>>
>>>>>
>and
>
>
>>>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
May 2, 2005 6:12:54 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Mousekite, I'm not sure where you are coming from. $30.00 to repair a
quality HP inkjet is surely affordable. How can you say "it is not
economical to repair them." You can say that about Canon & Epson because
most of the time its the print head. Pete
"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:018de.11482$J12.3429@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> Pete wrote:
>
> >Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19
years
> >and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
> >print head problems.
> >
>
> Injet Consumer Printers are made today so that it is totally not
> economical to repair them. When they break just get another. As for
> Canon you have a choice. You can overpay for a new user installable
> printhead to just get the newest latest model.
>
> >He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
> >to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He
said
> >some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get parts
> >for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old.
> >
>
> The same holds true for the lower priced consumer laser printers.
>
> >He said his average cost
> >to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought
both
> >my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo
quality
> >is excellent. Pete
> >"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> >
> >
> >>Tony wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy
you
> >>>
> >>>
> >are
> >
> >
> >>>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
> >>>manufacturers cartridges.
> >>>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right
equipment
> >>>(professionals use this equipment)..
> >>>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
> >>>
> >>>
> >accommodate
> >
> >
> >>>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
> >>westink. Happy hawking.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>>those.
> >>>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
> >>>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
> >>>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply
made
> >>>
> >>>
> >an
> >
> >
> >>>observation which is well worth considering.
> >>>
> >>>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are
exceptions,
> >>>
> >>>
> >their
> >
> >
> >>>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than
some.
> >>>
> >>>
> >The
> >
> >
> >>>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
> >>>
> >>>
> >use it
> >
> >
> >>>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with
> >>>
> >>>
> >this
> >
> >
> >>>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with
a
> >>>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
> >>>
> >>>Tony
> >>>
> >>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
> >>>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
> >>>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
> >>>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
> >>>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
> >>>>
> >>>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance
going
> >>>>to Canon.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>Pete wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see
much
> >>>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >and
> >
> >
> >>>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >
> >
> >
> >
May 2, 2005 1:30:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Tony wrote:
Pete you are absolutely right, there are plenty of repairs that do make sense
on inkjet printers even at the low end, for instance reconditioning the rollers
when they get shiny and start to give paper feeding problems (20 minutes work
in many cases). This is especially true of HP's because they are usually easy
to work on, I estimate that 70% of the time it is cost effective to fix inkjets
(across the board, entry level to professional, all manufacturers) customers
are not stupid and won't pay for repairs when it makes more sense to replace.
Messykite also suggested that the same was true for low end lasers....it is
even more cost effective to fix these than it is to fix inkjets, this is
related to a laser's throughput expectations (duty cycle - normally measured in
thousands of pages per month), because they have a high rating (even low end
lasers are rated at 5,000 pages per month or thereabouts). Because of their
high usage they are generally well built but they all suffer from contact with
paper (a surprisingly tough and potentially damaging media), this wears the
feed rollers and seperation pads...these are generally easy and cheap to
replace (there are exceptions, some Brother lasers for example are a right pig)
this and other repairs make all sorts of sense. You can give an old reliable
laser 50,000 more pages of life with a $15 roller and in many cases you can
change it yourself, for instance the old and trusty HP LaserJet 4 or 5 feed
roller is user replaceable and costs only pennies (well a few dollars!). The
other thing to remember about lasers is that many of the high wear items are
consumables (toner cartridges,drum units, drive belts and fusers) and when
anyone makes a decision to buy a laser they should take the costs of these
consumables into account. Even when they are taken into account the cost per
page for a laser is nearly always lower than an inkjet, even more reason to
repair lasers!!!
Thanks for providing some balance:-)
Tony

"Pete" <ppremock1@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>Mousekite, I'm not sure where you are coming from. $30.00 to repair a
>quality HP inkjet is surely affordable. How can you say "it is not
>economical to repair them." You can say that about Canon & Epson because
>most of the time its the print head. Pete
>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:018de.11482$J12.3429@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>
>> Pete wrote:
>>
>> >Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19
>years
>> >and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
>> >print head problems.
>> >
>>
>> Injet Consumer Printers are made today so that it is totally not
>> economical to repair them. When they break just get another. As for
>> Canon you have a choice. You can overpay for a new user installable
>> printhead to just get the newest latest model.
>>
>> >He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
>> >to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He
>said
>> >some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get parts
>> >for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old.
>> >
>>
>> The same holds true for the lower priced consumer laser printers.
>>
>> >He said his average cost
>> >to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought
>both
>> >my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo
>quality
>> >is excellent. Pete
>> >"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>> >
>> >
>> >>Tony wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy
>you
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >are
>> >
>> >
>> >>>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
>> >>>manufacturers cartridges.
>> >>>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right
>equipment
>> >>>(professionals use this equipment)..
>> >>>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >accommodate
>> >
>> >
>> >>>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
>> >>westink. Happy hawking.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>>those.
>> >>>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
>> >>>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
>> >>>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply
>made
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >an
>> >
>> >
>> >>>observation which is well worth considering.
>> >>>
>> >>>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are
>exceptions,
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >their
>> >
>> >
>> >>>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than
>some.
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >The
>> >
>> >
>> >>>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >use it
>> >
>> >
>> >>>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >this
>> >
>> >
>> >>>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with
>a
>> >>>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
>> >>>
>> >>>Tony
>> >>>
>> >>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
>> >>>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>> >>>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>> >>>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>> >>>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>> >>>>
>> >>>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance
>going
>> >>>>to Canon.
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>Pete wrote:
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>
>> >>>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see
>much
>> >>>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >and
>> >
>> >
>> >>>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 2, 2005 7:11:09 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

When the printhead is gone it will not cost $30.00 to repair it. A new
is is between $50-$80 and you do not need a repairman to do it. So stop
playing with your PETEr.

Pete wrote:

>Mousekite, I'm not sure where you are coming from. $30.00 to repair a
>quality HP inkjet is surely affordable. How can you say "it is not
>economical to repair them." You can say that about Canon & Epson because
>most of the time its the print head. Pete
>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:018de.11482$J12.3429@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
>>Pete wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19
>>>
>>>
>years
>
>
>>>and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
>>>print head problems.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>Injet Consumer Printers are made today so that it is totally not
>>economical to repair them. When they break just get another. As for
>>Canon you have a choice. You can overpay for a new user installable
>>printhead to just get the newest latest model.
>>
>>
>>
>>>He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
>>>to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He
>>>
>>>
>said
>
>
>>>some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get parts
>>>for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>The same holds true for the lower priced consumer laser printers.
>>
>>
>>
>>>He said his average cost
>>>to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought
>>>
>>>
>both
>
>
>>>my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo
>>>
>>>
>quality
>
>
>>>is excellent. Pete
>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Tony wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy
>>>>>
>>>>>
>you
>
>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>are
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
>>>>>manufacturers cartridges.
>>>>>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right
>>>>>
>>>>>
>equipment
>
>
>>>>>(professionals use this equipment)..
>>>>>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>accommodate
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
>>>>westink. Happy hawking.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>those.
>>>>>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
>>>>>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
>>>>>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply
>>>>>
>>>>>
>made
>
>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>an
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>observation which is well worth considering.
>>>>>
>>>>>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are
>>>>>
>>>>>
>exceptions,
>
>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>their
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than
>>>>>
>>>>>
>some.
>
>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>The
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>use it
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>this
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with
>>>>>
>>>>>
>a
>
>
>>>>>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
>>>>>
>>>>>Tony
>>>>>
>>>>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
>>>>>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>>>>>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>>>>>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>>>>>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>going
>
>
>>>>>>to Canon.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Pete wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>much
>
>
>>>>>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>and
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 2, 2005 7:27:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Tony wrote:

>Tony wrote:
>Pete you are absolutely right, there are plenty of repairs that do make sense
>on inkjet printers even at the low end,
>

Tony the Tiger is a repair man who makes money from this. The more
people that will believe this the more he can make. You also need to
understand the concept of economic obsolescence. Many times a newer
product will provide many newer features, increased speed, quality or
any combination along with a better working product.

>for instance reconditioning the rollers
>when they get shiny and start to give paper feeding problems (20 minutes work
>in many cases). This is especially true of HP's because they are usually easy
>to work on,
>


Many years ago HP had a problem with rollers. HP send out a kit which
was a rough pad and a floppy disk. You put the pad in the paper tray
and ran a short program. You did not need a Tiger for this.

>I estimate that 70% of the time it is cost effective to fix inkjets
>(across the board, entry level to professional, all manufacturers) customers
>are not stupid and won't pay for repairs when it makes more sense to replace.
>Messykite also suggested that the same was true for low end lasers....it is
>even more cost effective to fix these than it is to fix inkjets, this is
>related to a laser's throughput expectations (duty cycle - normally measured in
>thousands of pages per month), because they have a high rating (even low end
>lasers are rated at 5,000 pages per month or thereabouts). Because of their
>high usage they are generally well built but they all suffer from contact with
>paper (a surprisingly tough and potentially damaging media), this wears the
>feed rollers and seperation pads...these are generally easy and cheap to
>replace (there are exceptions, some Brother lasers for example are a right pig)
>this and other repairs make all sorts of sense. You can give an old reliable
>laser 50,000 more pages of life with a $15 roller and in many cases you can
>change it yourself, for instance the old and trusty HP LaserJet 4 or 5 feed
>roller is user replaceable and costs only pennies (well a few dollars!). The
>other thing to remember about lasers is that many of the high wear items are
>consumables (toner cartridges,drum units, drive belts and fusers) and when
>anyone makes a decision to buy a laser they should take the costs of these
>consumables into account. Even when they are taken into account the cost per
>page for a laser is nearly always lower than an inkjet, even more reason to
>repair lasers!!!
>Thanks for providing some balance:-)
>Tony
>
>"Pete" <ppremock1@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Mousekite, I'm not sure where you are coming from. $30.00 to repair a
>>quality HP inkjet is surely affordable. How can you say "it is not
>>economical to repair them." You can say that about Canon & Epson because
>>most of the time its the print head. Pete
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:018de.11482$J12.3429@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>
>>>Pete wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19
>>>>
>>>>
>>years
>>
>>
>>>>and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
>>>>print head problems.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>Injet Consumer Printers are made today so that it is totally not
>>>economical to repair them. When they break just get another. As for
>>>Canon you have a choice. You can overpay for a new user installable
>>>printhead to just get the newest latest model.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
>>>>to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He
>>>>
>>>>
>>said
>>
>>
>>>>some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get parts
>>>>for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>The same holds true for the lower priced consumer laser printers.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>He said his average cost
>>>>to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought
>>>>
>>>>
>>both
>>
>>
>>>>my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo
>>>>
>>>>
>>quality
>>
>>
>>>>is excellent. Pete
>>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Tony wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>you
>>
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>are
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other
>>>>>>manufacturers cartridges.
>>>>>>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>equipment
>>
>>
>>>>>>(professionals use this equipment)..
>>>>>>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>accommodate
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
>>>>>westink. Happy hawking.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>those.
>>>>>>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
>>>>>>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
>>>>>>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>made
>>
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>an
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>observation which is well worth considering.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>exceptions,
>>
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>their
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>some.
>>
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>The
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>use it
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations with
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>this
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>a
>>
>>
>>>>>>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Tony
>>>>>>
>>>>>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is
>>>>>>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>>>>>>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>>>>>>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>>>>>>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>going
>>
>>
>>>>>>>to Canon.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Pete wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>much
>>
>>
>>>>>>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>and
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
May 2, 2005 8:15:17 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Again, Measekite tries to discredit an experienced repairman. Since Tony
and Pete have not given us any clue as to how we can even find them to
repair our printers they have no person financial interest in giving us
advice. I don't know why he goes up against people who obviously have more
expertise in this area.

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hqrde.11674$J12.5876@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> When the printhead is gone it will not cost $30.00 to repair it. A new is
> is between $50-$80 and you do not need a repairman to do it. So stop
> playing with your PETEr.
>
> Pete wrote:
>
>>Mousekite, I'm not sure where you are coming from. $30.00 to repair a
>>quality HP inkjet is surely affordable. How can you say "it is not
>>economical to repair them." You can say that about Canon & Epson because
>>most of the time its the print head. Pete
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:018de.11482$J12.3429@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>>Pete wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Hey Measekite, I have a friend who has been repairing printers for 19
>>>>
>>years
>>
>>>>and don't like to work on Canon or Epson inkjet printers because of the
>>>>print head problems.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>Injet Consumer Printers are made today so that it is totally not
>>>economical to repair them. When they break just get another. As for
>>>Canon you have a choice. You can overpay for a new user installable
>>>printhead to just get the newest latest model.
>>>
>>>
>>>>He takes all the HP printers he can get. They are easy
>>>>to repair and the parts are readily available at a reasonable cost. He
>>>>
>>said
>>
>>>>some of his customers have the old HP Series I and he can still get
>>>>parts
>>>>for it. That one has to be at least 15 years old.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>The same holds true for the lower priced consumer laser printers.
>>>
>>>
>>>>He said his average cost
>>>>to his customer to repair a HP inkjet printer is $30.00. I just bought
>>>>
>>both
>>
>>>>my daughter and son a HP2410 all in one and they love it. The photo
>>>>
>>quality
>>
>>>>is excellent. Pete
>>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>news:CG4de.5$5o2.4@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Tony wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy
>>>>>>
>>you
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>are
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any
>>>>>>other
>>>>>>manufacturers cartridges.
>>>>>>Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right
>>>>>>
>>equipment
>>
>>>>>>(professionals use this equipment)..
>>>>>>Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>accommodate
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>Oh so you are a refiller. That explains all of your views. Just like
>>>>>westink. Happy hawking.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>those.
>>>>>>Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM
>>>>>>cartridge carries, HP or otherwise.
>>>>>>I do wish you would stop misleading people like Pete who has simply
>>>>>>
>>made
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>an
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>observation which is well worth considering.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Pete; HP printers are well made, no question, again there are
>>>>>>
>>exceptions,
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>their
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>quality control and reliability are as high as most and higher than
>>>>>>
>>some.
>>
>>>>>>
>>>>The
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>reason that you have no trouble with your printer is probably that you
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>use it
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>regularly, treat it well and are realistic about your expectations
>>>>>>with
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>this
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>model. No mystery here. Good post though, I suggest that you stay with
>>>>>>
>>a
>>
>>>>>>printer and or manufacturer that you trust.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Tony
>>>>>>
>>>>>>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer
>>>>>>>is
>>>>>>>because there is really not too many problems with their printheads
>>>>>>>since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much
>>>>>>>harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer
>>>>>>>problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance
>>>>>>>
>>going
>>
>>>>>>>to Canon.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Pete wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see
>>>>>>>>
>>much
>>
>>>>>>>>posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in
>>>>>>>>one
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>and
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>>>just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>>
May 2, 2005 10:50:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

measekite wrote:


> You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his work or
> his premises so how do you know what kind of people like him are. I
> would not trust anyone like him.
>
>> and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on this
>> NG. Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be commended, not
>> criticized, for their willingness to help.
>
>
> I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all that he
> says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude. But I do not
> put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>
>> You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't have
>> nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time job
>> correcting the incorrect information you give to people on the NG.
>>
>>
>
> Keep up the work :-)
>
>> Some repairs
>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying canon
hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying opinions.
Loser.
Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 3, 2005 7:18:43 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
>
>> You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his work
>> or his premises so how do you know what kind of people like him are.
>> I would not trust anyone like him.
>>
>>> and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on this
>>> NG. Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be commended,
>>> not criticized, for their willingness to help.
>>
>>
>>
>> I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all that
>> he says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude. But I do
>> not put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>>
>>> You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't have
>>> nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time job
>>> correcting the incorrect information you give to people on the NG.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Keep up the work :-)
>>
>>> Some repairs
>>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>
> Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying canon
> hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
> And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying opinions.
> Loser.
> Frank


At least I do not get you confused with a desutchbag.
May 3, 2005 7:36:23 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

another grammer school response from Malice-spite.

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:n4Cde.12076$J12.10822@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> Frank wrote:
>
>> measekite wrote:
>>
>>
>>> You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his work or
>>> his premises so how do you know what kind of people like him are. I
>>> would not trust anyone like him.
>>>
>>>> and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on this NG.
>>>> Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be commended, not
>>>> criticized, for their willingness to help.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all that he
>>> says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude. But I do not
>>> put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>>>
>>>> You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't have
>>>> nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time job
>>>> correcting the incorrect information you give to people on the NG.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Keep up the work :-)
>>>
>>>> Some repairs
>>>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>
>>
>> Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying canon
>> hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
>> And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying opinions.
>> Loser.
>> Frank
>
>
> At least I do not get you confused with a desutchbag.
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 3, 2005 7:44:33 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Burt wrote:

>another grammer school response from Malice-spite.
>
>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:n4Cde.12076$J12.10822@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
>>Frank wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>measekite wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his work or
>>>>his premises so how do you know what kind of people like him are. I
>>>>would not trust anyone like him.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on this NG.
>>>>>Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be commended, not
>>>>>criticized, for their willingness to help.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all that he
>>>>says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude. But I do not
>>>>put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't have
>>>>>nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time job
>>>>>correcting the incorrect information you give to people on the NG.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>Keep up the work :-)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Some repairs
>>>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>>news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying canon
>>>hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
>>>And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying opinions.
>>>Loser.
>>>Frank
>>>
>>>
>>At least I do not get you confused with a desutchbag.
>>
>>

Why its twins - Burtie and Frankie

>
>
>
>
May 3, 2005 8:01:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:BsCde.12085$J12.3581@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
> Burt wrote:
>
>>another grammer school response from Malice-spite.
>>
>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:n4Cde.12076$J12.10822@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>>Frank wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>measekite wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his work or
>>>>>his premises so how do you know what kind of people like him are. I
>>>>>would not trust anyone like him.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on this
>>>>>>NG. Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be commended, not
>>>>>>criticized, for their willingness to help.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all that he
>>>>>says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude. But I do not
>>>>>put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't have
>>>>>>nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time job
>>>>>>correcting the incorrect information you give to people on the NG.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>Keep up the work :-)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>Some repairs
>>>>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>>>news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>>>
>>>>Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying canon
>>>>hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
>>>>And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying
>>>>opinions.
>>>>Loser.
>>>>Frank
>>>>
>>>At least I do not get you confused with a desutchbag.
>
> Why its twins - Burtie and Frankie

The dynamic duo
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 3, 2005 8:16:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Burt wrote:

>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:BsCde.12085$J12.3581@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>
>
>>Burt wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>>another grammer school response from Malice-spite.
>>>
>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>news:n4Cde.12076$J12.10822@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Frank wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>measekite wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his work or
>>>>>>his premises so how do you know what kind of people like him are. I
>>>>>>would not trust anyone like him.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on this
>>>>>>>NG. Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be commended, not
>>>>>>>criticized, for their willingness to help.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all that he
>>>>>>says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude. But I do not
>>>>>>put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't have
>>>>>>>nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time job
>>>>>>>correcting the incorrect information you give to people on the NG.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>Keep up the work :-)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Some repairs
>>>>>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>>>>news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying canon
>>>>>hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
>>>>>And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying
>>>>>opinions.
>>>>>Loser.
>>>>>Frank
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>At least I do not get you confused with a desutchbag.
>>>>
>>>>
>>Why its twins - Burtie and Frankie
>>
>>
>
>The dynamic duo
>
>

I think it is more like the left cheek and the right cheek :-*

>
>
>
May 3, 2005 8:16:15 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

measekite wrote:
>
>
> Burt wrote:
>
>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:BsCde.12085$J12.3581@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>
>>
>>> Burt wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> another grammer school response from Malice-spite.
>>>>
>>>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:n4Cde.12076$J12.10822@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Frank wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> measekite wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> You do not even know him, have never met him, has not seen his
>>>>>>> work or his premises so how do you know what kind of people like
>>>>>>> him are. I would not trust anyone like him.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> and also thankful that he is willing to share his knowledge on
>>>>>>>> this NG. Likewise, Neil Slade and Arthur Entlich should be
>>>>>>>> commended, not criticized, for their willingness to help.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I really have not crisitized Art, I just do not agree with all
>>>>>>> that he says and I do think he has a holier than thou attitude.
>>>>>>> But I do not put him in the same category as Frankie Boy.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> You are really off base in criticizing these people. I don't
>>>>>>>> have nearly as much to contribute, but it is almost a full time
>>>>>>>> job correcting the incorrect information you give to people on
>>>>>>>> the NG.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Keep up the work :-)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Some repairs
>>>>>>>> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>>>>>> news:mytde.383$5o2.71@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Trust? You have the audacity to talk about trust. You the lying
>>>>>> canon hawker of this ng. You're beyond pathetic.
>>>>>> And guess what, nobody cares about you or your uninformed lying
>>>>>> opinions.
>>>>>> Loser.
>>>>>> Frank
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> At least I do not get you confused with a desutchbag.
>>>>>
>>>
>>> Why its twins - Burtie and Frankie
>>>
>>
>>
>> The dynamic duo
>>
>
> I think it is more like the left cheek and the right cheek :-*
>
>>
>>
>>
You're a real freaking school boy...a newbie of course.
Get lost.
Frank
May 3, 2005 8:16:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Tony wrote:

> Tony wrote:
> Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth about you I
> have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a fat rats bum).
> I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an ip4000 and I
> love mine, though it does have CD printing capability (not purchased in Europe
> by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you think there is a problem with somebody
> who makes a living from printers contributing by trying to help others in this
> ng for free, I have never attempted to push a particular brand here (peoples
> printer needs are different and understanding those needs is mandatory before
> recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM cartridges to those who want
> them and I do not advertise my affiliations in this ng. The truth is that I
> have learnt much from contributors to this forum (and other forums) which helps
> me in my business (I also enjoy contributing and learning), this in turn helps
> my customers who are in no way stupid. Like most businesses mine depends on
> knowledge first and foremost and then the intelligent application of that
> knowledge; it does not benefit from opinions that have no basis in fact. Any
> opinion I express here can be backed up by experience or fact and I like to
> think I learn something new every day.
> How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply insulting those
> that disagree with you?
> Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
> Tony

Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real problems.
He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in fact in his real
life (if he even has one) he probably had to give up his lunch money on
a regular basis. The profile he projects by his own words, in this ng,
is of an unsociable, lone malcontented little boy. He’s probably
un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a girl friend. Course
that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally he has no real answers
for most questions and usually just insults the poster to cover up his
ignorance.
As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
Frank
May 3, 2005 11:43:36 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Frank <fb@nospam.com> wrote:
>Tony wrote:
>
>> Tony wrote:
>> Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth about you
>>I
>> have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a fat rats bum).
>> I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an ip4000 and
>>I
>> love mine, though it does have CD printing capability (not purchased in
>>Europe
>> by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you think there is a problem with
>>somebody
>> who makes a living from printers contributing by trying to help others in
>>this
>> ng for free, I have never attempted to push a particular brand here (peoples
>> printer needs are different and understanding those needs is mandatory
>>before
>> recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM cartridges to those who want
>> them and I do not advertise my affiliations in this ng. The truth is that I
>> have learnt much from contributors to this forum (and other forums) which
>>helps
>> me in my business (I also enjoy contributing and learning), this in turn
>>helps
>> my customers who are in no way stupid. Like most businesses mine depends on
>> knowledge first and foremost and then the intelligent application of that
>> knowledge; it does not benefit from opinions that have no basis in fact. Any
>> opinion I express here can be backed up by experience or fact and I like to
>> think I learn something new every day.
>> How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply insulting
>>those
>> that disagree with you?
>> Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
>> Tony
>
>Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real problems.
>He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in fact in his real
>life (if he even has one) he probably had to give up his lunch money on
>a regular basis. The profile he projects by his own words, in this ng,
>is of an unsociable, lone malcontented little boy. He’s probably
>un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a girl friend. Course
>that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally he has no real answers
>for most questions and usually just insults the poster to cover up his
>ignorance.
>As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
>measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
>Frank
>
Frank
We can but try...I have learnt much from your posts and your excellent manual
and the day that any of us stop learning is the day that we die.
Thanks
Tony
May 3, 2005 3:23:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

measekite wrote:

>
> Then why did Tony da Tiger have to get exposed.

WTF does that stupid statement mean. "Tony got exposed"...only a brain
dead moron like you didn't get the fact that Tony was "in the business"
from the very beginning.
Idiot.
Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 3, 2005 4:27:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Frank wrote:

> Tony wrote:
>
>> Tony wrote:
>> Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth
>> about you I have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a
>> fat rats bum).
>> I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an
>> ip4000 and I love mine, though it does have CD printing capability
>> (not purchased in Europe by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you
>> think there is a problem with somebody who makes a living from
>> printers contributing by trying to help others in this ng for free, I
>> have never attempted to push a particular brand here (peoples printer
>> needs are different and understanding those needs is mandatory before
>> recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM cartridges to those
>> who want them and I do not advertise my affiliations in this ng. The
>> truth is that I have learnt much from contributors to this forum (and
>> other forums) which helps me in my business (I also enjoy
>> contributing and learning), this in turn helps my customers who are
>> in no way stupid. Like most businesses mine depends on knowledge
>> first and foremost and then the intelligent application of that
>> knowledge; it does not benefit from opinions that have no basis in
>> fact. Any opinion I express here can be backed up by experience or
>> fact and I like to think I learn something new every day.
>> How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply
>> insulting those that disagree with you?
>> Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
>> Tony
>
>
> Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real
> problems. He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in fact
> in his real life (if he even has one) he probably had to give up his
> lunch money on a regular basis. The profile he projects by his own
> words, in this ng, is of an unsociable, lone malcontented little boy.


But Frankie Crankie I am sure you had a boy friend.

> He’s probably un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a girl
> friend. Course that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally he has
> no real answers for most questions and usually just insults the poster
> to cover up his ignorance.
> As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
> measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
> Frank


Frankie you shoud change you name to Jackie ie Jackie Assie.

>
>
May 3, 2005 4:27:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

measekite wrote:

>
>
> Frank wrote:
>
>> Tony wrote:
>>
>>> Tony wrote:
>>> Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth
>>> about you I have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a
>>> fat rats bum).
>>> I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an
>>> ip4000 and I love mine, though it does have CD printing capability
>>> (not purchased in Europe by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you
>>> think there is a problem with somebody who makes a living from
>>> printers contributing by trying to help others in this ng for free, I
>>> have never attempted to push a particular brand here (peoples printer
>>> needs are different and understanding those needs is mandatory before
>>> recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM cartridges to those
>>> who want them and I do not advertise my affiliations in this ng. The
>>> truth is that I have learnt much from contributors to this forum (and
>>> other forums) which helps me in my business (I also enjoy
>>> contributing and learning), this in turn helps my customers who are
>>> in no way stupid. Like most businesses mine depends on knowledge
>>> first and foremost and then the intelligent application of that
>>> knowledge; it does not benefit from opinions that have no basis in
>>> fact. Any opinion I express here can be backed up by experience or
>>> fact and I like to think I learn something new every day.
>>> How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply
>>> insulting those that disagree with you?
>>> Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
>>> Tony
>>
>>
>>
>> Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real
>> problems. He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in fact
>> in his real life (if he even has one) he probably had to give up his
>> lunch money on a regular basis. The profile he projects by his own
>> words, in this ng, is of an unsociable, lone malcontented little boy.
>
>
>
> But Frankie Crankie I am sure you had a boy friend.
>
>> He’s probably un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a girl
>> friend. Course that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally he has
>> no real answers for most questions and usually just insults the poster
>> to cover up his ignorance.
>> As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
>> measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
>> Frank
>
>
>
> Frankie you shoud change you name to Jackie ie Jackie Assie.
>
>>
>>

hehehe...more incoherent drivel from the weasel.
Frank
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 3, 2005 6:07:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi Tony, again just a clarification. I think you may be confusing Frank
and I. I am the person who writes the Epson Cleaning Manual.

Art

Tony wrote:

> Frank <fb@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Tony wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Tony wrote:
>>>Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth about you
>>>I
>>>have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a fat rats bum).
>>>I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an ip4000 and
>>>I
>>>love mine, though it does have CD printing capability (not purchased in
>>>Europe
>>>by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you think there is a problem with
>>>somebody
>>>who makes a living from printers contributing by trying to help others in
>>>this
>>>ng for free, I have never attempted to push a particular brand here (peoples
>>>printer needs are different and understanding those needs is mandatory
>>>before
>>>recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM cartridges to those who want
>>>them and I do not advertise my affiliations in this ng. The truth is that I
>>>have learnt much from contributors to this forum (and other forums) which
>>>helps
>>>me in my business (I also enjoy contributing and learning), this in turn
>>>helps
>>>my customers who are in no way stupid. Like most businesses mine depends on
>>>knowledge first and foremost and then the intelligent application of that
>>>knowledge; it does not benefit from opinions that have no basis in fact. Any
>>>opinion I express here can be backed up by experience or fact and I like to
>>>think I learn something new every day.
>>>How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply insulting
>>>those
>>>that disagree with you?
>>>Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
>>>Tony
>>
>>Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real problems.
>>He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in fact in his real
>>life (if he even has one) he probably had to give up his lunch money on
>>a regular basis. The profile he projects by his own words, in this ng,
>>is of an unsociable, lone malcontented little boy. He’s probably
>>un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a girl friend. Course
>>that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally he has no real answers
>>for most questions and usually just insults the poster to cover up his
>>ignorance.
>>As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
>>measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
>>Frank
>>
>
> Frank
> We can but try...I have learnt much from your posts and your excellent manual
> and the day that any of us stop learning is the day that we die.
> Thanks
> Tony
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 3, 2005 10:58:21 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Frank wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Frank wrote:
>>
>>> Tony wrote:
>>>
>>>> Tony wrote:
>>>> Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth
>>>> about you I have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a
>>>> fat rats bum).
>>>> I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an
>>>> ip4000 and I love mine, though it does have CD printing capability
>>>> (not purchased in Europe by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you
>>>> think there is a problem with somebody who makes a living from
>>>> printers contributing by trying to help others in this ng for free,
>>>> I have never attempted to push a particular brand here (peoples
>>>> printer needs are different and understanding those needs is
>>>> mandatory before recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM
>>>> cartridges to those who want them and I do not advertise my
>>>> affiliations in this ng. The truth is that I have learnt much from
>>>> contributors to this forum (and other forums) which helps me in my
>>>> business (I also enjoy contributing and learning), this in turn
>>>> helps my customers who are in no way stupid. Like most businesses
>>>> mine depends on knowledge first and foremost and then the
>>>> intelligent application of that knowledge; it does not benefit from
>>>> opinions that have no basis in fact. Any opinion I express here can
>>>> be backed up by experience or fact and I like to think I learn
>>>> something new every day.
>>>> How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply
>>>> insulting those that disagree with you?
>>>> Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
>>>> Tony
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real
>>> problems. He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in
>>> fact in his real life (if he even has one) he probably had to give
>>> up his lunch money on a regular basis. The profile he projects by
>>> his own words, in this ng, is of an unsociable, lone malcontented
>>> little boy.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> But Frankie Crankie I am sure you had a boy friend.
>>
>>> He’s probably un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a
>>> girl friend. Course that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally
>>> he has no real answers for most questions and usually just insults
>>> the poster to cover up his ignorance.
>>> As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
>>> measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
>>> Frank
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Frankie you shoud change you name to Jackie ie Jackie Assie.
>>
>>>
>>>
>
> hehehe...more incoherent drivel from the weasel.
> Frank


Twice as far with a Hershey bar
May 3, 2005 11:58:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Art, I am really sorry, just a silly mistake, I knew it was yours but I got
carried away.
Thank you for your message.

Rgds
Tony


Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> wrote:
>Hi Tony, again just a clarification. I think you may be confusing Frank
>and I. I am the person who writes the Epson Cleaning Manual.
>
>Art
>
>Tony wrote:
>
>> Frank <fb@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Tony wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Tony wrote:
>>>>Well well , you do have a snitch on me, I wonder what little truth about
>>>>you
>>>>I
>>>>have stumbled on that has upset you (not that I give a fat rats bum).
>>>>I regret to say that we have one thing in common, we both own an ip4000 and
>>>>I
>>>>love mine, though it does have CD printing capability (not purchased in
>>>>Europe
>>>>by the way!!!!!). I just wonder why you think there is a problem with
>>>>somebody
>>>>who makes a living from printers contributing by trying to help others in
>>>>this
>>>>ng for free, I have never attempted to push a particular brand here
>>>>(peoples
>>>>printer needs are different and understanding those needs is mandatory
>>>>before
>>>>recommending a particular solution), I sell OEM cartridges to those who
>>>>want
>>>>them and I do not advertise my affiliations in this ng. The truth is that I
>>>>have learnt much from contributors to this forum (and other forums) which
>>>>helps
>>>>me in my business (I also enjoy contributing and learning), this in turn
>>>>helps
>>>>my customers who are in no way stupid. Like most businesses mine depends on
>>>>knowledge first and foremost and then the intelligent application of that
>>>>knowledge; it does not benefit from opinions that have no basis in fact.
>>>>Any
>>>>opinion I express here can be backed up by experience or fact and I like to
>>>>think I learn something new every day.
>>>>How about giving reasons for your opinions rather than simply insulting
>>>>those
>>>>that disagree with you?
>>>>Oops I'm treating you like an adult, can you respond in the same way?
>>>>Tony
>>>
>>>Don't hold your breath for that one Tony. Measershit has real problems.
>>>He fancies himself to be the school yard bully when in fact in his real
>>>life (if he even has one) he probably had to give up his lunch money on
>>>a regular basis. The profile he projects by his own words, in this ng,
>>>is of an unsociable, lone malcontented little boy. He’s probably
>>>un-athletic, likely overweight and has never had a girl friend. Course
>>>that’s assuming he even likes girls. Generally he has no real answers
>>>for most questions and usually just insults the poster to cover up his
>>>ignorance.
>>>As I’ve said before, almost every ng has a real wacko jerk and
>>>measershit is ours by his own proclamation.
>>>Frank
>>>
>>
>> Frank
>> We can but try...I have learnt much from your posts and your excellent
>>manual
>> and the day that any of us stop learning is the day that we die.
>> Thanks
>> Tony
>>
!