GPO backup

George wrote:
> Hi , how can I backup ( and restore ) GPOs in W2K if not using GPMC tool ?
> George

Make a good backup of Your directory and SYSVOL volume

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Thanks Tomasz, but if I just need to restore the GPOs , I don't think I
should restore the whole sysvolume right ? Then how to restore a/ some GPO s
? Thanks.

George wrote:
> Thanks Tomasz, but if I just need to restore the GPOs , I don't think I
> should restore the whole sysvolume right ? Then how to restore a/ some GPO s
> ? Thanks.

you can only restore files connected with single GPO - n the SYSVOL
volume folders for specific GPO are in the folder identified by GPO GUID
- so You can restore the files from specific folder. I'v done this few
times to do some repairs - it's doable :)

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl