Need socket 478 PCI-E x 16 Motherboard

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
http://www.eqscomputers.com/products/mobo/motherboard.php?model=A46G8-MLF

worked for me. I have an X1800xt with mine, so might work with your geforce 7

No, it has only 2 slots for RAM.

And, ASRock only has a PCI-E x 4 slot, wich can fit some series 7 Nvidia cards, such as the 7800 GTX, but its slower and less efficient.

Any more?

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
i hate to say it but its old hardware and its not going get better support anytime soon i dont think. might be time to say good bye to your p4. netburst sucked anyhow... :)

Detson

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2005
Agreed. Upgrading from my Northwood CPU and AGP graphics card was a stone bear, but eventually you have to bite the bullet. At least you're half-way there. There should be a strong market for 478 procs. on Ebay, what with people looking to upgrade their old machines.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Agreed. Upgrading from my Northwood CPU and AGP graphics card was a stone bear, but eventually you have to bite the bullet. At least you're half-way there. There should be a strong market for 478 procs. on Ebay, what with people looking to upgrade their old machines.

It may be old, but my 478 is top of the line. I wouldnt want to upgrade it anytime soon.

Im still looking for Motherboard, anyone else?

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
it may be top of the line but its old and outdated. if you want the new card your going to have to make sacrifices. :(

why not pick a different GPU? one which works with the MB?

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
it may be top of the line but its old and outdated. if you want the new card your going to have to make sacrifices. :(

why not pick a different GPU? one which works with the MB?

Ive been searching this entire upgrading issue for over a month.
I know everything there is to know abt GPUs, and nothing AGP is worth my money.

I just need a socket 478 and PCI-E board. I found a few, only one fits me, but its 150$ wich is a bad price for an old card since my current one costs 60$. i guess PCI-E is really expensive.