enable firewall error

When I try to enable xp's firewall, I get this error message:

"An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.
The dependency service group failed to start."

I have 2 xp computers and cable modem connected through a hub. I don't get
the error with the other computer.

Any ideas??

Gary

Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827328&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"GTX_SlotCar" wrote:

| When I try to enable xp's firewall, I get this error message:
|
| "An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.
| The dependency service group failed to start."
|
| I have 2 xp computers and cable modem connected through a hub. I don't get
| the error with the other computer.
|
| Any ideas??
|
| Gary

It didn't help, but thanks for the try. I did everything on the page
(actually, it was all turned on anyway).
I can share files with both computers. I'm running Zone Alarm, so I can
share files and stay protected from the outside world.
I just wanted to get the built-in XP firewall working because it bugs me
that it won't work on one of the computers and will work on the other. I
don't actually plan on using it.

Gary

--

Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

> Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet Connection Sharing

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827328&Product=winxp

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

---------

> "GTX_SlotCar" wrote:
>
> | When I try to enable xp's firewall, I get this error message:
> |
> | "An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.
> | The dependency service group failed to start."
> |
> | I have 2 xp computers and cable modem connected through a hub. I don't
get
> | the error with the other computer.
> |
> | Any ideas??
> |
> | Gary

I presume you are disabling Zone Alarm when trying the XP
firewall.

Mike

message
>> Error Message When You Try to Turn On Internet
Connection Sharing

us;827328&Product=winxp

>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.a
spx

"Michael Pardee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I presume you are disabling Zone Alarm when trying the XP
> firewall.

Yes. The problem existed a long time before I installed Zone Alarm.