Business cards with photograph-problem

Blair

I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?

Blair

You could avoid the smearing by going to an Art store and gettinga can
of Krylon spray.

Blair wrote:

>I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
>add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
>I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
>several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
>Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
>
>Blair

On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:06:15 +0100, in comp.periphs.printers "Blair"
<pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
>add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
>I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
>several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
>Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?

Most papers are one sided. The one side is treated to accept the ink, the
back is not. You need to look for double-sided paper.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Blair wrote:

> I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
> add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
> I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
> several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
> Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
>
> Blair

I used to buy some double sided IBM papers for business cards.

The last time I bought it was over two years ago and it was at Best Buy.

Called "Costed Two Sides Glossy Photo Paper" SKU #27p8558 and I think it
was 28 pound paper.

They also sell an IBM Business Cards product, but I do not know if the
second side is printable.

The cards produced with an old Epson SC800 were superb. There was no
transfer or smudging with damp fingers. The cards held up well to being
in a leather card case or wallet in pants pockets for months at a time..

Good luck

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

"Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
> add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
> I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
> several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
> Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
>
> Blair

You need Double Sided Paper. All the major firms produce it. I use HP
Double Sided Brochure paper. It is Semi Glossy.

For Business Cards, someone produces a thin card, upon which you print,
then at the pre-creased fold, fold over, and it self sticks to give a nice
thick card.

Roy G

On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:06:15 +0100, "Blair"
<pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
>add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
>I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
>several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
>Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
>
>Blair

Epson Double-Sided Matte Paper works very well for business cards.
I usually laminate mine for extra thickness.

BURT

Unfortunately, the back side of several glossy photopapers will not accept
inkjet printing. The Costco glossy photo paper that many of us really like
will not accept printing on the back side - the ink just sits on top of the
paper and smears. Epson Glossy photo paper can be printed on both sides.
The back side accepts inkjet inks very well, although the coated side prints
more vivid photos. I have used it for greeting cards with printing on both
sides. Unfortunately, the back side has a VERY faint repeating Epson logo
that I don't find objectionable in a personal greeting card, but this would
probably be unacceptable on a business card. It is also a bit less thick
and less stiff than business card stock. The Wasau 80 pound cover I use for
business cards is thick enough and has the "snap" that most cards have.
I've never tried printing photos on it, but my guess is that they will be
less vivid than a coated photo paper would provide.

"Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
> add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
> I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
> several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
> Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
>
> Blair

Blair

Thanks to you and others who have replied.
Will be investigation the various suggestions
Blair

"Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Unfortunately, the back side of several glossy photopapers will not accept
> inkjet printing. The Costco glossy photo paper that many of us really
like
> will not accept printing on the back side - the ink just sits on top of
the
> paper and smears. Epson Glossy photo paper can be printed on both sides.
> The back side accepts inkjet inks very well, although the coated side
prints
> more vivid photos. I have used it for greeting cards with printing on
both
> sides. Unfortunately, the back side has a VERY faint repeating Epson logo
> that I don't find objectionable in a personal greeting card, but this
would
> probably be unacceptable on a business card. It is also a bit less thick
> and less stiff than business card stock. The Wasau 80 pound cover I use
for
> business cards is thick enough and has the "snap" that most cards have.
> I've never tried printing photos on it, but my guess is that they will be
> less vivid than a coated photo paper would provide.
>
> "Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> >I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish
> > add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
> > I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
> > several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
> > Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
> >
> > Blair

Most inkjet papers, especially those designed for photo use are single
sided, and in fact the back is often coated with plastic to keep the ink
from migrating.

There are a few double sided papers, or papers that accept at least text
on one side and photos of the other.

Which papers will work for this application will depend upon which
printer type and inks you are using.

Art

Blair wrote:

> I have found Publisher very good at producing business cards but I wish to
> add a photograph to the reverse side of the card.
> I have found that printing information on the non photographic side with
> several photographic papers causes the printing to smear if touched.
> Does anyone know of a suitable paper which will not cause this?
>
> Blair

BURT

I've used Epson double sided matte paper for two sided printing of greeting
cards. The photos printed on this paper don't look as vivid as on glossy
paper, and I don't know if the weight will give a business card the "snap"
most people want. Why not buy a package and try it? If you don't like it
for business cards you can use it for many other printing jobs. In our area
OfficeMax occasionally has two-for-one sales on Epson papers and I then buy
this one to keep on hand.