Annoyong IP address Cleanup Issue

When we add a server to DHCP or DNS, we see a machine that is not correct.
The name shown is the correct FQDN but the IP address is the address I used
when we upgraded to AD from NT 4.0. Since then we removed all 4.0 DCs and
the AD DC is now the same IP address as the old 4.0 PDC. I am seeing it
listed in this list with 2 different IP addresses.
It has been like this for about 2 years, can this be changed? It would be
nice to remove the wrong entry, I can't find it anywhere. I checked DNS,
hosts, lmhosts, and ntdsutil. No luck???

What do you mean by when you add a server to DHCP or DNS?

If you're talking about the DNS-based browse-type list that you can get to
when you are looking to manage a server this is DNS. You should look to DNS
to remove the old records.

By default, DNS doesn't clean itself up as WINS did. You have to enable
scavenging.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/