Windows 2003 upgrade question

xor

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2005

Hi,

Which mode should my domian be in (native/mixed) for migrating from windows
2000 domain to windows 2003 domain. Are domain is currently running in mixed
mode but we dont have ant NT BDC's or PDC's around only two NT App servers so
we plan to move to native mode. Also what are the advantages of native over
mixed mode??

ps my domain is a child domain

xor

There are a lot of benefits with 2003 functional levels if you only have 2003
Domain Controllers. Some of the changes are with replication improvements.

Thanks,
Christopher Ransom, MCSE 2000/2003, MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
Microsoft Enterprise Platforms Support
Windows NT/Windows 2000 Directory Services