Global catalog server

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hi, currently we have 13 sites, each site with a domain controller. There is
only one GC server.
Would it be recommended to create more GC in our domain? Is it a safe
process?

thx jason

"Jason" <avtechs@aspenview.org> wrote in message
> Hi, currently we have 13 sites, each site with a domain controller. There
is
> only one GC server.
> Would it be recommended to create more GC in our domain?

Yes.

> Is it a safe process?

Yes.

You should have (at least) a GC per site.

With a single domain forest you can have
every DC be a GC safely.

(You can also do this in some multi-domain
forests, but not always for very large forests.)

--
Herb Martin